Lowering Basics on 20s

Mahstang

Reaction score
So I've got a 2007 GT coupe. Right now it is on (F) 255/35/20 and (R) 275/35/20. To be honest I bought the wheels from someone on Craigslist so I do not know what the offsets are....however the fronts sit pretty flush and the rears stick out about an inch or so. I'm not sure exactly how I feel about the rears sticking out. Because they stick out I figured I'd be best getting a set of Pro Kit VS Sportlines....although I really wanted Sportlines.

So now I have a set of used Pro Kits sitting in a box. I've read instructions from another manufacturer on how to install them as well as a couple of youtube videos. Looks pretty easy. I've changed shocks/springs on my '95 before so I'm not completely out of my league.

Once installed my understanding is that I will need an alignment, I will not immediately need aftermarket shocks/struts (although they are on my list for the future)....my question is that how will the rear line up? Will you certainly need an adjustable panhard bar? If so then I will wait to do the install. However if the panhard bar is something that only some people find that they need or if its not a 'must have' then I might go ahead and do the install.

Obviously like ANYONE I'm definitely in a hurry to get these installed. And unlike some of you chumps....I'm not rich. But I will wait to install them if I need other stuff.

Any advice, suggestions, tips? I am completely aware that to do it "right" you will need A, B, C, D, E, and F. I'm not looking for a race ready and tuned suspension. This is a daily driver that goes 5 miles to and from work 5 days/week.

Mahstang

Reaction score
How much difference in the rear is acceptable before you need to make an adjustment?

musshoss

forum member
Reaction score
a panhard bar is not a must have, its just a plus. none of my friends have them on their's lowered and most have a lower spring than the pro kit. if your gonna do it, go ahead and get it so you can have it all aligned and right at the same time. also look into getting a set of eibach camber bolts. they are like $35

Black_GT

SIIXVII
Reaction score
a panhard bar is not a must have, its just a plus. none of my friends have them on their's lowered and most have a lower spring than the pro kit. if your gonna do it, go ahead and get it so you can have it all aligned and right at the same time. also look into getting a set of eibach camber bolts. they are like $35

Agreed. Also get the camber bolts that go up to 2 degrees. I got my set from Summit. They were I think $20 at the time?

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back