M/T ET Street...

freebass55

Public enemy #75461659
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I recently purchased a set of these for a set of stock wheels. Now, I have them mounted and sitting in my garage, waiting to go on my car and head off to the track. This is going to be my first time using these tires and I have no idea what to expect. I have only been to the track using the stock radials, so I am looking for any kind of advice on how to run these tires. Any kind of help would be great, from cleaning to launching. I am a little nervous, only because I don't know what to expect. Thanks for your guys help.

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Absolutely no comparison to street tires---you are going to love it except for the sway on the big end. But you can limit that by just decreasing the tire pressure to whatever it takes to hook. I have seen people hook all day long on ET streets at 20 psi. Only on the most aggressive launches do people drop the pressure to 12-13psi.

What track are you going to, Irwindale? LACR?

freebass55

Public enemy #75461659
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Irwindale, next time I will be able to go is on May 3rd. The anticipation is killing me. Are you going back right after you get your car, or you gonna give it time?

BTW, thanks for the links, Don.

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I will have the break in miles in probably a week. Then I will be heading out:rock: I am anticipating my first track outing will probably be the 26th of April.

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
start at 16psi and lower by 1psi till you find the best pressure to hook with

Ken3030

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Hey Pfsracer I am going to Irwindale tomarrow I'll look you up.

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Ok, I will bring some vids of your car on disk. I have 3 or 4 of them, all of which were too big to email you. I have a 5MB attachment limit and these vids are about 25 mb each. Will see you tomorrow.

M

MattD

This is from my personal experience on ET Streets.

For your very first burnout, do a long smoky one. 12 seconds or so. Pop the clutch and hold the revs around 4k.

For passes after your break-in burnout, do a quick spin in the water box and roll out a couple of feet. The proceed to do a 5-6 second burnout just to heat them up and get them sticky.

Start launching around 4k and keep launcing about 500 rpms higher to find your "sweet spot" between spinning and bogging. Your tire pressure should be set at 16 psi. If you are finding that you are still spinning a lot, bring your tire pressure down to 14 and then down to 12. If you are not spinning with 16 psi, bring it up to 18. The higher the PSI, the less work the car has to do to get it down the strip.

retfr8flyr

The Old One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Just out of curiosity what will you be using on the front with you ET Streets? I hope you have some bias ply tires for the front and are not planning to run radials with the ET’s.

Earl

retfr8flyr

The Old One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
The ET streets are bias ply tires and radials and bias don’t mix very well. You could be in for some bad handling problems at high speed.

Earl

Impact 5.0

Don't hate..Appreciate
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't worry about it either.
+1 have run ET DR's with radials on the front for along time and have never had any problems with either the Cobra or the 05.. The 05 I have ET DR's on stock rims with the stock tires up front.

Born To Run

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Re tires

I have ET DR's as well & pirelli streets on the front,no problem at all,i even drive to the track on the highway with them.I do 1/4 mile et @ 12.4 @ 115 no problem i am running 18 psi for my sweet spot.Don't worry about looking like a idiot,thats why it is test & tune.I saw a guy last weekend in a vette back upto the water box,do his burn out in REVERSE & roll out backwards,he quickly realized what he had done.Ego deflated ASAP.Go sit in the stands for a while & watch other guys,that is what i do everytime,you will also know who is a good driver & bad,who to talk to & who not.

LAK3RS

Original Member
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I have ET DR's as well & pirelli streets on the front,no problem at all,i even drive to the track on the highway with them.I do 1/4 mile et @ 12.4 @ 115 no problem i am running 18 psi for my sweet spot.Don't worry about looking like a idiot,thats why it is test & tune.I saw a guy last weekend in a vette back upto the water box,do his burn out in REVERSE & roll out backwards,he quickly realized what he had done.Ego deflated ASAP.Go sit in the stands for a while & watch other guys,that is what i do everytime,you will also know who is a good driver & bad,who to talk to & who not.

+1

Also, what are your mods man. Are you still N/A? What are your 1/8 Mile times?

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back