Making my own magnaflow axle back

droptopstang

forum member
Reaction score
Getting tired of how loud my muffler delete's are and ready to change it up a bit. Love the sound of the maglaflows but refuse to pay the crazy price of an axle back when I can buy mufflers for $87 a piece. Going to order part #11132 and then cut/weld them into my existing delete pipes along with some corsa tips that I bought from a member here and have yet to use. Will post up progress pics and do a little write up on how it all goes. Hope everybody had an awesome new year!!

pics06gtstang

forum member
Reaction score
LOL , i just sold a set @ the punta gorda car museum flee market for
$ 50.00 . they where used but only for 8 months or so .

droptopstang

forum member
Reaction score
LOL , i just sold a set @ the punta gorda car museum flee market for
$ 50.00 . they where used but only for 8 months or so .

Well crap! lol. But good to meet another swfl member on here. And why haven't I heard of this swap meet before...

Speedboosted

Found missing cylinders
Reaction score
This is a much more economical way to run the Magnaflow setup than buying their axle back. When I had their single version for the v6 exhaust, the tip never lined up in the opening. Adjusted and adjusted the hangers with no luck. Similar problem with my current dual version. I love the sound of their products, just wish it fit better. Post pictures when you're done!

droptopstang

forum member
Reaction score
This is a much more economical way to run the Magnaflow setup than buying their axle back. When I had their single version for the v6 exhaust, the tip never lined up in the opening. Adjusted and adjusted the hangers with no luck. Similar problem with my current dual version. I love the sound of their products, just wish it fit better. Post pictures when you're done!

I'll make sure to take and post as many pics as I can when I do this. I agree completely, small things like the tips not lining up drive me crazy so this way I can take my time and make sure everything fits perfectly and lines up where I want it to on both sides.

bujeezus

forum member
Reaction score
hey speed, you mentioned adjusting the hangers with no luck but have you loosened the mid pipe and given it a twist? that was how i got my axle backs to line up perfectly.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back