may of been asked already, so will it fit?

CABRO

Reaction score
i have been looking and still have not found an answer, i am not up to speed with the new 5.o just yet.

so the question is, will a 03-04 cobra blower fit on our cars?

S197 GT

PINK Casting Director
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
You gotta pull the motor and flip it upside down, and mount the termi blower to the oil pan.

19COBRA93

Ford Racing
Reaction score
i have been looking and still have not found an answer, i am not up to speed with the new 5.o just yet.

The short answer is no. Not even close. The only "things" carried over from the prior 4.6L are the trans bolt pattern, engine mount bolt pattern, and bore spacing. Nothing else is interchangable. There is a lot of info out there that details this.

Boozshey

Reaction score

Glad you thought of an original idea!!! Anyways, No it won't fit. However, the GT500 blower will fit. I have one for sale, I can make you a great deal. How bout $600.

JEWC_Motorsports

S197 Junkie
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Glad you thought of an original idea!!! Anyways, No it won't fit. However, the GT500 blower will fit. I have one for sale, I can make you a great deal. How bout $600.

Bruce you never gave me that option!!!!! :damnit:

DKS

Wax on, Wax off.
Reaction score
You gotta pull the motor and flip it upside down, and mount the termi blower to the oil pan.

Isn't that known as the "Kiser" method? I think you can also do a flip mount front to back with the double beveled spliff adapter, that is, if you can find one. Best bet would of course be the inside out porting and fully adjustable powerbands. Fill the gap with some Iron shavings and cement and run it on E85.

Chiron

forum member
Reaction score
DKS, it's really not a good idea to run E85 unless you upgrade your muffler bearings. OP, just be sure to fill your converter up with torque, that should help you reach your overall goals.

irishpwr46

Official Site Vandal
Reaction score
you guys got it all wrong. after he mounts it on the oil pan, he has to reverse the timing and run the engine backwards because it becomes a suck through setup...

AbdullaGT500

forum member
Reaction score
Make sure you have a good battery fluid temperature gauge after it's all said and done, it would suck to lose all that work due to overheating battery fluid.

CABRO

Reaction score
WOW, a simple no would of done fine. came from the ls world where everything fits on everything else. so sorry for question. just tired of driving a slo car need some upgrades

VTXFrank

Obama SUCKS!
Reaction score
WOW, a simple no would of done fine. came from the ls world where everything fits on everything else. so sorry for question. just tired of driving a slo car need some upgrades

Searching is your friend. It's a tough crowd around here. You won't find better tech advice anywhere else, but ask a simple question, you'll get flamed. Go ahead and ask which oil to run in the motor. Then you'll need this:

flamesuit.jpg

Then buy a blower.

Yeah. One that fits without having to flip the motor, turn your exhaust system around, flip the trans upside down with a remote linkage to the trans turbo manifold and finally, take your tires off and put them on upside-down. :whistling:

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score
CABRO, don't listen to these guys. They have not been to the edge of the modding world like I have. They've neither built nor invented such exotic works of art in the automotive world where my resume of the aforementioned excels beyond human comprehension. That being said, THIS is the answer to all your questions.

jbweldlj.jpg

second only to THIS:

duct-tape-3m.256104841_std.jpg

Once you've mastered the art of manipulating this stuff your modding experience will sore to new heights, as mine has, and you'll gain the recognition you so honestly deserve.

Now go buy that 03-04 Cobra blower and get to modding it on your s197!!!!!

jeff_hoopty.jpg

Disclaimer: I am not responsible for any damage that may include death if you are stupid enough to actually try this, but stranger things have happened. If you do venture to take my advice, please video the results for all to see!!!!

icon10.gif

Good luck and welcome to s197forum!........and your Mustang is not slow, you left slow when you sold, gave away, and/or burned the LS garbage.:beer:

Last edited:

todr4

forum member
Reaction score
Actually someone designed and is now selling a lower manifold that will allow you to use a gt500 blower on your 4.6 don't know if the cobra blower will work with it. It's about 2000$. If you search you should be able to find it.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back