Maybe someone can explain this for me...

808muscle

forum member
Reaction score
Guys,

I can't believe you so missed what went on. He parked his ride on a soul-less car lot (BMW) which sucked the life out of his sweetness. He took her back to 'Mecca' and the just being near all those other great cars (Fords) brought her back to life!

What would you all do without me?:beerdrink:

Brian

Sounds right to me.

alloy6ix

Wiener Dog Racer
Reaction score
Guys,

I can't believe you so missed what went on. He parked his ride on a soul-less car lot (BMW) which sucked the life out of his sweetness. He took her back to 'Mecca' and the just being near all those other great cars (Fords) brought her back to life!

What would you all do without me?:beerdrink:

Brian

I got a flat leaving a chevy dealership last summer while picking up some parts for my grandpa. I completely agree with your theory.

MikeVistaBlue06

Inventor: Asshole Points
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Something odd happened with my Mustang...

Basically, I got in to the US on Friday the 2nd. I drove my car for a couple of days after it had been sitting for weeks on end and all was well. Then the other day we went out again, it was fine going out, then it sat in the sun at a BMW dealer while we were looking for my Dads new car... when we headed home it lost all it's charge? Like the battery went from about 3/4 to empty. First thought: alternator. Got it to Ford but they were closed so left it overnight, the next day after I left them the keys all day they ring, tell me it started fine, ran all day, was charging fine, no faults in the computer etc...

And it's run fine since. So anyone know what coulda happened?

It doesn't really bother me since it's all working fine again but it's just odd. I'm thinkin' its either just because the battery had been hooked up without the car being run for a while and maybe the cycle of it running flat and the charging again has fixed it? I dunno... it's just odd. Thoughts?

A little bit of corrosion on a couple of different switches may have been the issue. Do you have a stick shift? If so, you must depress the clutch to get it to start. That switch may have intermittently malfunctioned so it won't let the starter relay engage. Same could be true for a neutral safety switch on an automatic transmission. Intermittent connection in the ignition switch or starter relay is also a possibility.

HTH

Mike

BSell

forum member
Reaction score
I got a flat leaving a chevy dealership last summer while picking up some parts for my grandpa. I completely agree with your theory.

That's what GM has stooped to, popping tires to get you to talk to them...:beerdrink:

soliton

forum member
Reaction score
Hey, the same kind of thing happened to me today. I was driving at 70mph on the highway with max AC on and the radio on. I had been driving for some time, and it was hot. The radio cut-off and displayed a message "Low Battery". Then the entire electrical system shut down, even the fuel gage and all the dash lights. The engine was still doing fine, but I pulled over, parked, shut off the engine, and then it would not start. Got the standard "click, click, click, click" of a low battery.

Where can I get a cheap alternator? Is it for sure the alternator? Or could it by just some connection to the alternator?

LAStang1234

----------DSL----------
Reaction score
Yea its gotta be the alternator! That happened to me also about a month ago. EBAY always has some good deals or someone on here is bound to have one laying around.

soliton

forum member
Reaction score
nevermind.

I had a sneaking suspicion that turned out to be correct. Turns out, it was my lojack remote.

I had signed up for lojack when I bought the car, and I had not paid a lot of attention to what exactly it was. I had thought it was just a registration system, and some sort of keyfob to notify me by text if my car is driven by someone without the keyfob. Well, the battery died in the keyfob, and apparently, instead of sending me a text, it just kills the car where-ever it may be. I bought a new battery for my lojack keyfob and the car started right up, no problems what-so-ever.

soliton

forum member
Reaction score
uhh... nevermind again.

It happened again. So.. not lojack.

I need an alternator.

I guess I am heading over to ebay. suckfest.:banghead:

Back