My 2010 GT500

MrClean

Marc; but I go by MrClean
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Just took delivery yesterday...got the Sirius and Travel Link hooked up to the Nav..and the shift light and tone set for 6200 (peak hp). Also got the blackberry synched up with the bluetooth on the car...

I love this thing! The short throw shifter feels really good, and the handling is surprisngly good considering the extra weight over the front wheels...feels as nimble as my 07 Cali Special with the H&R rear sway bar.

The power and torque is awesome, as is the faint SC whine at higher RPMs. The exhaust is louder than a stock GT's, but not as loud as the Stingers...I kinda like it and gonna keep it.

Attachments

• Shelby Cobra Home.jpg
    Shelby Cobra Home.jpg
    474.3 KB · Views: 121
  • Shelby Cobra Side.jpg
    Shelby Cobra Side.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 103
Last edited:

bolted3v

forum member
Reaction score
car looks sick!!!!!!! love that color and those wheels. possibly one of the best wheels ford has ever made idk :thumb2:

MrClean

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Thanks! A few driving impressions after spending the day tooling around in it with my honey:
  • The short throw shifter is a must.
  • The shocks struts are much better than the 07 GT's...in a spot where at 80 mph the asphalt undulates, the GT would almost wallow...the Shelby stays much better composed
  • The exhaust is perfectly audible (enjoyable) with the windows down, but not intrusive with the windows up.
  • When I used to have a 97 Viper GTS in the late 90's and early 2000's, I was used to people taking pictures of it, etc. With the 07 GT/CS, people would look and car guys would look with approval, but guys know the difference between a stock GT and a GT500; I had guys taking pics at the local Sonic, and received a series of thumbs-up and nice car comments while shopping with the wife.....now my wife is considering getting me a personalized lic plate that says "MARRIED" or "NOT SNGLE" :roflmao:
  • The car came with the regular Mustang manual, but also a Shelby GT500 supplemental manual. There's been a thread on whether or not the GT500 have forged internals or not, so I thought it interesting to scan and post a couple pages from the supplemental manual...also interesting to see the greabox ratios, and the fcat that is has a 2 piece aluminum driveshaft. See below.
  • One last comment: I know this thing was $49.9k + 2k for the 7yr/100k mi Premium Care extended wty, and I know this forum is all about modding the cars, but after doing a fair amount of mods to the 07 GT/CS, I really appreciate the fact that I can buy a 540 SC'd sporty car with a bumper to bumper warranty for $52k!

Last edited:

MrClean

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Now as to the question of break-in. I sort of fall into the camp that believes you should hammer the motor early-on to properly seat the rings. It worked for my 07 GT/CS, which developed about 20rhp more that other 4.6 motors in 90 degree heat. The motor has about 50 miles on it now, and I have given it several 2nd and 3rd gear WOT runs, although not to redline. Your thoughts?

(I wonder if the MODS will move this to a tech thread section?)

MrClean

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
and a couple more pics....I know its stock, but still a thing of beauty to behold...

Attachments

• Shelby's motor plaque.jpg
    Shelby's motor plaque.jpg
    168.1 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:

Croft

It's GOOOOOOO Time
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Now as to the question of break-in. I sort of fall into the camp that believes you should hammer the motor early-on to properly seat the rings. It worked for my 07 GT/CS, which developed about 20rhp more that other 4.6 motors in 90 degree heat. The motor has about 50 miles on it now, and I have given it several 2nd and 3rd gear WOT runs, although not to redline. Your thoughts?

(I wonder if the MODS will move this to a tech thread section?)
Looks great!

I have to wonder this same thing. I remember the dealer telling me to take it easy on the car at first. I didn't listen to well and beat the piss out of it. No complaints thus far and the car is running great!

I hope someone can chime in...........

Again, kudos on the new purchase!

07stangcs

Undecided
Reaction score
If ur gonna keep it stock, atleast get a programmer for it. You can flash back and forth without voiding the warranty. Get strickly to dyno it and load a nice tune for her and if you ever have a problem just swap to stock and your good. Personally I would mildly mod it and keep my stock parts just incase I run into any problems.

LAK3RS

Original Member
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Nice brotha! I'm really digging the black! C'mon....tune....pulley swap.....lol, it will never be the end, again!

Reaction score
I bet you do love that thing! If I had one.. I could never get out of it.. I would sleep in it.. camp outside beside it just so I can stare it all night in disbelief that I actually had one. I would have to wear a bib to keep the drool from hitting the seats.. ;)

lol.. j/k

Really nice car!!

Last edited:

NotQuik

I can't drive
Reaction score
congrats man, so I take it you traded the pw cs? That car looks sharp with them wheels, and tinted windows would really set it off. ;)

MyStang

forum member
Reaction score
Congrats on the GT500! Dont ya just love the electronics package.Ive got it in my '10 GT.Try saying,"im hungry" to it and the list of restaurants will come up.Just one of the shortcuts i found.I also love the fact that i never have to take my cell out of my pocket.It syncs up as soon as you start the car....Oh...and the weather radar.....I could go on and on......

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back