My Audio Setup

K

KrisHorton

Hey folks,

I just got my car back from the shop after having my sound system upgraded and thought I'd share some (kinda crappy) pics. They built me an enclosure and added 2 JL 13.5" W1 subwoofers and 2 Ample Audio amplifiers (2-channel and 4-channel.) My next plan is to add a Pioneer Avic-D3 head unit and probably upgrade the door speakers from the stock Shaker 500 ones.

Here are the pics:

system2yj8.jpg

system1qd7.jpg

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
looks pretty damn good. take some pics in the daylight too so i can see better details. but i like it so far :beer:

K

KrisHorton

Thanks!

They did a really nice job and made it really clean looking. They even left me with some trunk space! :)

Here's a picture I took with the flash on...it's not the greatest, but it shows the finer details pretty well.

system3bx5.jpg

K

KrisHorton

It sounds amazing! The bass hits very clean and the amplified stock speakers sound better than ever!

K

KrisHorton

I haven't heard aftermarket speakers in any of the new Mustangs, but I have to say that the stockers won't let you down if you amplify them.

rad_rob

forum member
Reaction score
I like that alot. Ive always had custom setups in all my cars, mostly JL Audio, but I have to say, the shaker 500 in mine sounds reeeally good to me. lol. I know alot of you would beg to differ, but thats just me. I will be putting an aftermarket system in mine eventually, but the stock will keep me happy for now. I do want to add at least a sub though. Dig your setup thought. :thumb:

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I like that alot. Ive always had custom setups in all my cars, mostly JL Audio, but I have to say, the shaker 500 in mine sounds reeeally good to me. lol. I know alot of you would beg to differ, but thats just me. I will be putting an aftermarket system in mine eventually, but the stock will keep me happy for now. I do want to add at least a sub though. Dig your setup thought. :thumb:

I agree I like how it sounds too, but I think eventually I'm going to dump the head unit for something better, maybe one with Nav.

Herknav

Devil's Advocate
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I agree I like how it sounds too, but I think eventually I'm going to dump the head unit for something better, maybe one with Nav.

Forgive me for being a shill for Pioneer...

aviconxm.JPG

Herknav

Devil's Advocate
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
AVIC-Z1. Although I think the Z2 is the new version now...

PenguinGT

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Did they use any sound deadening materials (like eDead or Dynomat, etc)?

It looks like a rather clean install, but WTF is an "Ample"?

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back