My Dad is looking for a Mustang, need more opinions

LAllison20

forum member
Reaction score

AnotherS197GT

Serial Valve Dropper
Reaction score
So my Dad finally got the itch. He's looking for a convertible S197 to cruise around in. He doesn't seem to care so much about performance as I do (but I know he used to). He is looking for an auto, low miles car. He found this one car and test drove it today.

http://www.hendrickcars.com/for-sale/used-2010-ford-mustang-gt_convertible-charlotte-nc-1782008.html

I'm trying to steer him towards the 5.0. Am i wrong to think that he will be paying too much for this car???

You can buy a new 5.0 for that much. Not a convertible though.

retfr8flyr

The Old One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I don't think you are wrong to steer him toward a 5.0. The new 5.0 will hold it's value much better than the 4.6 versions. I would also have him check out the new V6, if performance isn't such an issue. The new ones have the same hp rating as the old 4.6.

Earl

Grabber5.sl0w

forum member
Reaction score
That's how much I payed for my 2011 GT Premium a month a go with 11k miles on it. No way in hell I'd pay that much for a 4.6, but that's just me. I also don't see them going to much lower with a fully loaded vert like that though.

r.barn

forum member
Reaction score
28k for a 2010 ? WAY too much. .......... although it is a vert which will tack an extra $2-3k on the price. Still seems pricey for a 4.6 to me though.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
get a 2012/2013 V6 vert.

The Magic Ratchet

Reaction score
If he's looking for something that new, he'd be better off at a Ford dealer. For about the same money (or maybe less) he could buy a Certified Pre-Owned with the 6/100,000 warranty.

Lou

jrc1122

Reaction score
I personally couldn't buy a 2010. I suppose is I didn't care at ALL about the performance difference. AND it was hugely discounted I'd consider it. But I do care about performance, and that one you posted isn't discounted at all. Seems too high in my opinion.

psycho bob

FISTER
Reaction score
because of the performance i would also say get a 11+ V6. still not a slouch by any means and it will get better mileage and have cheaper ins.

Xorak

forum member
Reaction score
i'll 2nd the opinion of go for a v6 vert if he doesn't care about performance.

Riptide

Will work for Mustang.
Reaction score
Is he in love with the 10'+ body style? If not he would save more money buying a used 05-09 car.

The op's link seems overpriced to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatwat

LAllison20

forum member
Reaction score
Well, after talking with him again last night, he's probably going to buy the car. My mom fell in love with the car and keeps pushing him to do it. That ultimately seals his fate if makes the boss happy! lol. I suggested the V6, but he doesnt like the idea of not having that V8 noise and feel. Its not like he is gonna take the car to the track or street race, and he has a 66 fairlane to show off in. I already started helping him picking out some mods for the car (that he hasnt bought yet) so a warranty will get voided sooner or later. Thanks for the feedback guys, im waiting to hear back if he bought it.

LAllison20

forum member
Reaction score
I tried teaching my girl how to drive stick in a big open parking lot when my car was N/A. She did ok for her first time. Now that I have the turbo she is scared to death to try, lol..

Ampire

3 valve
Reaction score
If he is just interested in cruising around he should probably get a 2011 v6 convertible.

JimsWhite05GT

forum member
Reaction score
Not a thing wrong with the 4.6, love mine. Not everyone wants or needs the latest thing or the fastest car in town. Ya'll act like the 5.0 is Gods gift and the 4.6 is a turd.

:asshat:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back