N20 Bottle Mounting Advice

SatinSilverStang

Chicagoland Mustang Club
Reaction score
Looking to mount a 10lb bottle in the spare tire well and looking for who pulled this off so they can still use the stock trunk flooring piece with out it being pushed up and modified. I'm thinking UPR's Bottle Holder would sit low enough the clear but could use some input on any tried and true methods since search didn't yield many topics for this bottle location. Thanks in advance.

Kuro!

Banned
Reaction score
You need to mount it with the front end up higher than the rear because of how the nitrous pick up tube is situated.

p105333_image_large.jpg

GrabberblueS197

forum member
Reaction score
I had problems mounting it in the spare tire well. If you mount it behind the driver seat you can also avoid having to buy a bottle opener since you can just reach back there and open it. Thats what I did. Just a thought.

Ch4r1ie

The Limey Bastard
Reaction score
This is my old setup with the UPR duel bottle bracket...

DynamatTrunk2.jpg

DynamatTrunk1.jpg

It didn't sit quite low enough to use the stock trunk floor piece, so I just left it open as you see it here in the pictures.

A small modification would have sorted it, but it wasn't a DD so I didn't bother... besides, I liked how it looked open :beerdrink:

I no longer run N2O, so I have since removed everything... especially that heavy ass Dynamat!

Kuro!

Banned
Reaction score
I had problems mounting it in the spare tire well. If you mount it behind the driver seat you can also avoid having to buy a bottle opener since you can just reach back there and open it. Thats what I did. Just a thought.

Dangerous unless you have a blow down tube.

Kuro!

Banned
Reaction score
Why do you say that Kuro? I thought it was a non-flammable oxidizer.

Because if your rolling around in your car with the windows up and that pressure disk ruptures the entire cabin is going to fill with nitrous. You and nitrous are going to be fighting for that oxygen, and nitrous always wins.

Swarzkopf

forum member
Reaction score
Because if your rolling around in your car with the windows up and that pressure disk ruptures the entire cabin is going to fill with nitrous. You and nitrous are going to be fighting for that oxygen, and nitrous always wins.

Suffocating isn't really a concern...just roll the windows down.

What IS a concern is that the freezing nitrous cloud impairs your vision (it'll also sting your skin a bit). Not a good situation.

I've known a few guys with bottles in the cabin that've had them go.

Kuro!

Banned
Reaction score
The biggest concern is the cabin filling with a foreign gas at 100+ mph. Not a good situation to be in.

Lil Hucky

forum member
Reaction score
You can do it, but you cannot use and standard mounting hardware that comes in your kit. I used a u-shaped piece of steel stock so the bottle would have something to kind of “sit in”. (Probably 8” to 10” long and 2” wide – I cannot remember now since I did all this early last spring) I then put a piece of that car-door saver where the u-channel touched the bottle so I wouldn’t have metal on metal. I still used the steel bottle straps provided and just put those under the u-channel which I bolted to the floor. You’ll also need to bend the back half of the hump in the spare tire compartment down so you can get some angle on the bottle like others have stated. It works well and everything is hidden. I’ll try taking some pics when I get home, but am making no promises - mostly because I'm not reliable.

FlyByNight

Banned
Reaction score
I've known a few guys with bottles in the cabin that've had them go.
I'd be one of them, thermostat by-pass issue. Luckily, I was outside the car taking a piss but my son was so fortunate.....funny, he never tried to get out or open the window. lol (ps, no freezer burn either, strictly la-la land))

Last edited:

FlyByNight

Banned
Reaction score
Last edited:

Kuro!

Banned
Reaction score
I'd be one of them, thermostat by-pass issue. Luckily, I was outside the car taking a piss but my son was so fortunate.....funny, he never tried to get out or open the window. lol (ps, no freezer burn either, strictly la-la land))

They put a sulfuric agent in it so kids don't huff the shit. I don't think you'd be in la-la land, I'd imagine you'd feel like your in the depths of hell breathing sulfur.

FlyByNight

Banned
Reaction score
They put a sulfuric agent in it so kids don't huff the shit. I don't think you'd be in la-la land, I'd imagine you'd feel like your in the depths of hell breathing sulfur.
The idea of the sulfur is to detour huffing, not kill the kids..........

SatinSilverStang

Chicagoland Mustang Club
Reaction score
It didn't sit quite low enough to use the stock trunk floor piece, so I just left it open as you see it here in the pictures.

A small modification would have sorted it, but it wasn't a DD so I didn't bother... besides, I liked how it looked open :beerdrink:

How small of a modification and to what (if you recall)?

I'll be running a blow-down tube even with it in the trunk, so that's not an issue.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back