NEED HELP ASAP!!! Gas Problems.

JR POLO BOY

forum member
Reaction score
Hey what's up new to this website. I have a 05 GT and i am having problems putting gas in my car. This happened to me once before and warranty covered it and they replaced my tank. Now my warranty is expired but the same thing is happening again! My car was empty and i tried putting gas and it kept spitting it back out. I tried everything from barely pulling the trigger to having the pump halfway in, almost hanging out everything! Any suggestions would help. Is there a defect on these things that maybe ford will replace for free? Any help would be appreciated.

Also on a side note my gas guage also doesn't work. Maybe that has something to do with it. Hopefully these our defects. This is bullshit i pay to much money for this car to be doing this shit to me.

JR POLO BOY

forum member
Reaction score
Oh also i am positive the car was low on gas. My guage has not been working for 2 months now.

Torch Red GT

forum member
Reaction score
yeah turn it upside down, this happens in my car as well. ford also might be able to fix it for you because it was a tsb and i believe tsb's are covered even after warranty

MN Mustang

forum member
Reaction score
Sorry, no TSBs are not covered after the 3/36 warranty expires

Steps

forum member
Reaction score
I think it may depend on your dealer. If you have the paperwork from the last attempt they made to fix it, and take that in with you, they may honor it and fix it right this time.

Give them a call and see what they say, it can never hurt to ask.

J.Cagle

forum member
Reaction score
Mine did the exact same thing! I bought it in july of 2009 and with in two months the gas gauge quit working and now its a bitch to put gas in the thing. Even with it upside down it wont take it real well sometimes. My car is an 05 as well. Wonder what it will take to get the gas gauge to work again

wdkingery

@ home installer hero
Reaction score
i'm lucky..

i only have the problem from time to time, and normally flippin the gas pump normally fixes it.. and makes people stare at me when i'm gassin up hahahaha

i have an 05 too. my gas meter seems to work correctly.

there is a tsb, if they recently "Fixed" it then even tho yer not under warranty you might win something, altho it's unlikely with most dealers

i have found in the end, that it seems to depend on the gas pump itself! some shitty hell hole gas stations tend to give me fits fuelin up, others i can fill up without the flip mode solution..

try a new station if all else fails

JR POLO BOY

forum member
Reaction score
Good Thread, now does anyone know what i can do about the gas guage? I'm prety sure it has to be the floater in the tank right?

GONE_N_60

The Bad Guy
Reaction score
I don't have a clue about the gauge. But yeah turn the handle upside down. Also, I noticed that certain gas stations have their pumps set to a pressure that enrage our S197s. Try another gas station unless you have already.

rednek01

TangerMean!
Reaction score
I read the title of this and thought he was going to ask one of us to pull his finger...:roflmao:

bigray327

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Good Thread, now does anyone know what i can do about the gas guage? I'm prety sure it has to be the floater in the tank right?
The gas gauge is controlled by a floating arm connected to an electronic sender unit located on the fuel pump assembly. If you have not done any fuel pump work, I suspect you have gunk on your sender. To remedy this, throw in some Techron or my personal favorite, Lucas fuel additive. Others will recommend Sea Foam... same deal.

If that doesn't work, you can troubleshoot your sending unit with the instructions in post 36 in this thread. Read the whole thread, it might be useful to you. You're new to the forum, so let me be the first to warn you about using the search function before posting here.

Again, welcome aboard.

JR POLO BOY

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks for the help. Im going to try the Lucas fuel additive right now. So just add it to the tank right?

06Roadstarman

Nucking Futter
Reaction score
I read the title of this and thought he was going to ask one of us to pull his finger...:roflmao:

I was gonna offer up some GasX.....:ugh1:

I guess I have been lucky......no fuel filling problems with my car. Hope you can get it figured out and/or fixed.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back