need to replace rack pinion bushing s197. HELP!!

andrei6152

Reaction score
I went to a maitenance at the dealer and they found out that the rack pinion bushings are finished.

Problem is that they don't sell the bushing separately... Dealer says you can only get them by buying the entire rack.

I would really aprreciate it if anyone knows where I could buy the bushing. I tried to look on the Internet but no luck

My car is a 2007 mustang v6 pony package

andrei6152

Reaction score
Hmm. Maybe the dealer was wrong. I would have to double check then.

Thanks for the reply :)

kevinatfms

EX-ford tech(6 years)
Reaction score
Sounds like they went with what fails most and was trying to milk some money out of you...

andrei6152

Reaction score
Thanks for this picture!

Yes so what the mechanic showed me is the thing that looks like a bolt HB1 in the picture.
He said the rack pinion is loose because of it.
I do hear a strange noise when i go over a road bump. But other then that the car seems fine.

What would be the real name of that HB1 part? You guys think its worth replacing??

Thanks for the help, I really appreciate. Wish I would know more about car mechanics.

19COBRA93

Ford Racing
Reaction score
It's the rack mounting bolt. If it's loose, then just tighten it. I can't think of any good reason you would need to replace it unless it was broken.

Maybe take it to someone else? It's more likely your noise is coming from the sway bar mounts or endlinks, tierod, strut, or strut mount.

Steve@Tasca

Official Vendor
Reaction score
I'd go one step further and suggest removing the bolt and applying a liberal amount of Loc-Tite to the threads before re-installation.

There really is no reason it should ever come loose, that's pretty odd.

-Steve

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back