New 5.0 member

NickSezz

NJSEOS
Reaction score
Been creepin around for some time watching the story of the new 5.0...and I thought it was time I joined the club!

I sold my super six and picked up a brand new Base 2012 GT Kona Blue/Charcoal MT-82

Here she is:

Attachments

• Twilight.jpg
    Twilight.jpg
    261.5 KB · Views: 27
  • Twilight2.jpg
    Twilight2.jpg
    189.6 KB · Views: 26
  • Nose.jpg
    Nose.jpg
    220.4 KB · Views: 29
  • Fogs.jpg
    Fogs.jpg
    181.6 KB · Views: 23
  • dealer.jpg
    dealer.jpg
    227.4 KB · Views: 30
  • Dash.jpg
    Dash.jpg
    183.8 KB · Views: 33

NickSezz

NJSEOS
Reaction score
Thanks guys I am having a blast so far.

Only concerns are a slight rear end gear whine when decelerating from 60mph to around 50mph. I'm not too concerned but thought I'd mention it.

The only other is a slight rattle/chirping at idle that can be heard from the passenger side wheel well. I think it is normal or will just go away with time.

I can be very critical so my rule is, if you cant hear it when the exhaust goes on, don't worry about it! lol

Love the Kona btw!

BAKnBLK2010

Harley Davidson FLHTCI
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum and the 5.0 club. The rearend whine is pretty normal on these cars. Mine had it from day one and my car has 17,000 miles now and it hasn't gotten any worse.

VTXFrank

Obama SUCKS!
Reaction score
Congrats on the new Pony!

As far as rear end gear whine, my car just started doing it about a month ago. I can barely hear it and only when I decel.

Suggestion for you. After about 1k miles, drain the stock trans fluid and put in some Amsoil MTG. Your shifter and transmission will thank you.

NickSezz

NJSEOS
Reaction score
Congrats on the new Pony!

As far as rear end gear whine, my car just started doing it about a month ago. I can barely hear it and only when I decel.

Suggestion for you. After about 1k miles, drain the stock trans fluid and put in some Amsoil MTG. Your shifter and transmission will thank you.

Yes. Something like the MTG is in my plans.

Back when I had the T-5 on my sixxer everyone reccomended a good synthetic to help it out. I threw in some Amsoil ATF in there at 7k miles and sold the car with 52k miles. I never had a problem shifting that trans and even liked the stock shifter. The longer throw is what makes it fun for me. Not ideal for performance but I am not racing every day.

I was putting out power levels way over what the T-5 is rated for, for 20,000 miles and I beat the crap out of it. Stock V6 clutch is also still 100% functional. Either im lucky or I just know how to drive. I always rev match when changing gears...not so easy on the 5.0 as the factory throttle caibrations are a bit sluggish when trying to blip...but well take care of that :naughty1: I'm not worried about the M80 of a trans lol

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back