New best

wbt

forum member
Reaction score
Sounds like the clutch packs are worn out. Time.to replace.

Get some good tires/rims for the track along with the converter, with a good tune, you should be near your goal. :)

Unreal

forum member
Reaction score
Strange that the clutch packs would go out like that. Has maybe 15 passes on it and 18k miles on that car. Ohh well. Suggestions on a diff? I don't want to be replacing diffs every 20k miles.

It was the passenger side wheel spinning.

Thinking a circle D 4c with a new diff and either putting the stock gears back in or maybe some 3.31 but they may need to shift to 4th.

wbt

forum member
Reaction score
FRPP has the carbon fiber clutch packs that will last longer than the standard set.

Alot of people like the truetrac diffs: http://www.summitracing.com/parts/dtl-913a561/overview/

I personally use a detroit locker but that will be pretty noisy for what you will want.

If you are sticking with the stock intake manifold I would stay with the 3.15 gear. 4c will be fine.

BMR Tech

Traction Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
Strange that the clutch packs would go out like that. Has maybe 15 passes on it and 18k miles on that car. Ohh well. Suggestions on a diff? I don't want to be replacing diffs every 20k miles.

It was the passenger side wheel spinning.

Thinking a circle D 4c with a new diff and either putting the stock gears back in or maybe some 3.31 but they may need to shift to 4th.

Our factory diff clutches gave way with barely 1000 miles on the car.

Installed a Tru-Trac, been awesome since!

Unreal

forum member
Reaction score
Maybe true trac and factory gears back in it is the way to go with the 4c. Should get me a solid 11s, then work on other stuff like suspension.

SSPSTANGBANGER

LSx Slayer
Reaction score
Maybe true trac and factory gears back in it is the way to go with the 4c. Should get me a solid 11s, then work on other stuff like suspension.

My old 2011 gained 8 tenths on a 4c over the stock converter

I am currently doing a true-trac at only 450miles

Sent from my iPhone 5S

wbt

forum member
Reaction score

Here is an example combo that will work for your goals:

808muscle

forum member
Reaction score
Your car will be faster when leaving off idle. The stock convertor will flash higher off idle than with bringing up the rpms. I bracket race and have noticed ETs changing by as much as two tenths. If you shallow stage you will be faster too as well as deep staging does the opposite.

Your clutch packs are worn out. The trutrac is the only way to go IMO.

My tracks normal DA is 1200-1800. When it dips to under 600 I have seen ETs drop several tenths in my car. I cannnot imagine racing at your DA. That has got to be frustrating.

Unreal

forum member
Reaction score
Trutrac and circle D 4C will be going in as soon. Thanks for the help everyone. Going back to stock gears too.

Mike Rousch

Official Vendor
Reaction score
Trutrac and circle D 4C will be going in as soon. Thanks for the help everyone. Going back to stock gears too.

Awesome move man! Getting those 3.73 out of there will pick a few more MPH up. Let me know when your ready for that converter and also if you need some stock gears, I have a few sets laying around.

Unreal

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks Mike. I have the stock gears in the garage. Swapped them with only a few thousand miles so they should be good to go. Once taxes/etc are done I'll be ready to order the converter. Then I can grab an updated tune from you and go fast.

2011/5.0

Reaction score
So i have 9k and a 100 passes on my stock limited slip disc. Maybe Time for a truetrac?

2011/5.0

Reaction score
Ive been haveing traction issues at the strip. I have no spotter so im guessing 1 wheel peel

Back