New code thrown after cams, cmcv, plugs install

2kanchoo

forum member
Reaction score
I installed frpp hotrod cams, cmcv plates, new oem spark plugs and elec water pump. I got that code from the other thread thrown twice when the car started bucking bad at low rpms but since i've had a week of everything running fine, then I got a new code thrown at me today.

I was just sitting there idling and when I started to pull away in 1st gear the light came on.

p0304 falt cy e msfr det cy 4.

I'm guessing missfire cylinder 4. Anyone got any ideas as to why this would pop up all of a sudden?/things I should check besides the sparkplug being tq in and the cops being inplace and clipped into the harness.

Edit: I didn't bother checking the gap on the plugs. Are the oem motorcraft ones known for being inconsistant?

Last edited:

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Im pretty sure they dont come pregapped, and if they do, i would still check them. Seems like an intermittent misfire though, so its most likey a cop connection issue.

2kanchoo

forum member
Reaction score
Im pretty sure they dont come pregapped, and if they do, i would still check them. Seems like an intermittent misfire though, so its most likey a cop connection issue.
Well atleast they will be easy to get out this time. lol. I'll check both the plugs and cop's tomorrow.

Back