New guy from california.

bolted3v

forum member
Reaction score
hello everyone. just wanted to introduce myself. been reading alot of info from here and other site. hope i learn more for the future project.

Chronos

forum member
Reaction score
Welcome, good to have another Californian around. Most all the regulars here seem to be from Texas.

bolted3v

forum member
Reaction score
thanks guys.

Welcome! Lets see some pics man! :beer:

and sorta, last we had a poll, Texas, California, overseas and everywhere else were pretty tied up. lol.

pics of what i intend to do? lol i dont know if there is alot of people from here that has done it but it would be awesome if there is help here too instead of just modularfords.com

i got a 2007 mustang gt 3v motor and tranny to swap in a 1986 4 eye mustang. so far i know i need a 98 gt t45 and an 8.8 rear end.

alloy6ix

Wiener Dog Racer
Reaction score
thanks guys.

pics of what i intend to do? lol i dont know if there is alot of people from here that has done it but it would be awesome if there is help here too instead of just modularfords.com

i got a 2007 mustang gt 3v motor and tranny to swap in a 1986 4 eye mustang. so far i know i need a 98 gt t45 and an 8.8 rear end.

Wait, did you happen to catch my thread?? I saw the thread on mod fords. I checked the PM before I checked this thread. lol.

http://s197forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20751

bolted3v

forum member
Reaction score
Wait, did you happen to catch my thread?? I saw the thread on mod fords. I checked the PM before I checked this thread. lol.

http://s197forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20751

i didnt see your thread. i love the way that front end looks on that 82. mine is the 4 eye with no grill. i want mine to looks like this in the end. http://www.allfordmustangs.com/photopost/data/500/1986-Mustang-5_0-_Coupe-02.jpg except it will have a 3v motor with full bolts ons and a t45 5sp. i would fix the 82 and make it more light weight while you're at it

alloy6ix

Wiener Dog Racer
Reaction score
i didnt see your thread. i love the way that front end looks on that 82. mine is the 4 eye with no grill. i want mine to looks like this in the end. http://www.allfordmustangs.com/photopost/data/500/1986-Mustang-5_0-_Coupe-02.jpg except it will have a 3v motor with full bolts ons and a t45 5sp. i would fix the 82 and make it more light weight while you're at it

Wow, that'll look really nice! Yeah, plan on putting the 4.0 into the 82 which I'm still looking into since my motor swap comes first. lol. I'm hoping the only thing that'll I'll have to have someone fab up and/or order are the fuel lines, tank and K-member. hopefully I won't run inot much of a problem since It's going to have a T-5 also. And maybe try and keep a 3 link suspension. Unless I find an older one on the cheeep. :beer:

bolted3v

forum member
Reaction score
dude if your going to spend all that money and go through all that trouble just drop a 3 or 4 valve in there and be faster. i got my 3v with everything for 1500.

you'll need

kmember
8.8 with 3.73
custom drive shaft
fuel lines and newer fuel tank
and all the electronics

alloy6ix

Wiener Dog Racer
Reaction score
dude if your going to spend all that money and go through all that trouble just drop a 3 or 4 valve in there and be faster. i got my 3v with everything for 1500.

you'll need

kmember
8.8 with 3.73
custom drive shaft
fuel lines and newer fuel tank
and all the electronics

Na, I wanna make use of this 4.0 stuff for at least a bit til I can get a big block pushrod into the fox. Plus, I've got a 3V and TR-3650 waiting to go in my own car. Mine comes first, the fox is just the little side project. The end date for them both is december, but if only mine gets done by then, I have nothing but time for the fox. oh, and I got a 3V with the 3650 for $1800. :thumb2:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back