New nitrous setup complete

GI Joe

Reaction score
.......I hope to try it all out real soon....

Last edited:

matt texass

Reaction score
dammmmmmmmmmm nano you big spender.... looks awesome man

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Pretty frickin sweet man!

Bubbamax

forum member
Reaction score
Wow I'm jealous...
That's exactly the setup I'm currently saving for this winter (without the S/C).
I'll save that post for future question that I may have this winter with my install.
I'm really eager to see what kind of number you'll be getting with your setup.

GI Joe

Reaction score
dammmmmmmmmmm nano you big spender.... looks awesome man

Yea I became a NANO dealer too so I can help get the price down for anyone looking for one...But yea I just decided to go away from the whole bottle heater thing and try something different. No pressure loss and no dead batteries LOL...Im excited to see how it all works...

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
That looks pretty awesome. I may have to hit you up for a setup in a few years when I max out my S/C.

TexasKyle

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Setup looks awesome. Explain to me, what is the second bottle in the first picture for?

Looks like the NOs bottle says "Oxygen Assisted" on it...cant read the whole word, so it might not be oxygen

cekim

Large Member
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Looks like the NOs bottle says "Oxygen Assisted" on it...cant read the whole word, so it might not be oxygen
Nitrogen Assisted Nitrous Oxide...

They are using nitrogen (in the smaller bottle) to allow you to regulate the NO2 pressure. Keeps things even throughout the bottle and in theory allows you to use more if not all of the bottle... Nifty... you can find more if you do a search for NANO and Nitrogen Assisted...

Kevin@PMP

Reaction score
It is a nitrogen pusher system, basically as N2O is used pure N from the small bottle fills the empty space in the N2O bottle. This allows one to use an entire 10lbs of N2O before needing to be refilled by maintaining a more constant bottle pressure. The downside is you can't refill the N2O bottle until it is completely empty of N2O or you have to be willing to waste whatever N2O is left in the bottle.

Edit: Mike beat me to it. Nitrogen pusher systems have been around for a while they just haven't ever been very popular.

cekim

Large Member
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Edit: Mike beat me to it. Nitrogen pusher systems have been around for a while they just haven't ever been very popular.
More fun to fill (as in NOT fun to fill) tanks in some areas (like mine).

matt texass

Reaction score
i like the billit bracket...... lol.... i need get me somthing like that

GI Joe

Reaction score
It is a nitrogen pusher system, basically as N2O is used pure N from the small bottle fills the empty space in the N2O bottle. This allows one to use an entire 10lbs of N2O before needing to be refilled by maintaining a more constant bottle pressure. The downside is you can't refill the N2O bottle until it is completely empty of N2O or you have to be willing to waste whatever N2O is left in the bottle.

Actually you can refill and top off the bottle anytime you want... you just turn it upside down, bleed it and refill it. I tested it just this morning after hooking it up to the system just to make sure it works.
Also you don't have to run nitrogen. This system can use compressed air too...which is what I have and I got it filled at the paintball store..LOL cost me $7. You can run several large bottles before needing to refill it.
Yes pusher systems have been around a while...I knew a guy in Texas when I lived there that used ( still does) propane...
anyway...turn the bottle upside down so the NOS can't go out the tube and opened the valve and the compressed air came out and the NOS (which is still in liquid form because I did not heat it with a bottle heater) stays in the bottle. Then I got the other half filled...
The constant 1050 pressure should keep more power down track too where heated bottles tend to go fat because of pressure loss.

I have a third hole in the bracket which I'm going to mount a fire bottle in and run lines to the cabin and underhood
you can see it better in this pic
I hope it all works out well...

Last edited:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back