New Online Magazine - PowrFord

Livernois Motorsports

Livernois Motorsports
Official Vendor
Reaction score
A friend of mine sent a link to a new online magazine titled PowrFord. Most of the online magazines I've seen in the past haven't been great, however this one impressed me in term of content and quality. It even lets you download the entire magazine in .pdf format. Best of all, it is FREE of charge.

Check it out HERE

-Rick

KIMMER

Admin
Reaction score
Wow, that's awsome Rick! Thanks for the link, i'll definitely keep checking it out.:beerchug2:

mp 2010

forum member
Reaction score
It's tight I like the cover car...real street with it.

marcspaz

~Resigned~
Reaction score
Rygen has his S197 in this publication. Very cool read.

I love hearing about 600+ RWHP, 10 sec 6 bangers...

Page 8

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Rygen has his S197 in this publication. Very cool read.

I love hearing about 600+ RWHP, 10 sec 6 bangers...

Page 8

Didn't he and Buckman both do 5.4 4V swaps?

alloy6ix

Wiener Dog Racer
Reaction score
Didn't he and Buckman both do 5.4 4V swaps?

Yup, but... I can't remember which one, but it was either Rygen or Buckman who did a 5.4 3V swap and the other 5.4 4V, either way, respect to them for what they did with a six banger.. and for crushing my dreams on being in the 11s/10s with the turbo set up. lol. :beerdrink:

Rygen

I can break any motor!
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I spoke to Huw when he was putting this new rag togather, nice to see him doing what he loves. They shot the car and did the story a long ways back, but after the merger Huw was unable to get it published till now, but he kept his word, and did a great job. When I spoke to him, he seemed keen on picking up more forum cars that are getting out there and getting ETs.

Thanks for the props. Just a few points in the article. My car went 14.7 NA, never a 14.4. And those power numbers were at 17psi, 16lbs of boost and a 75 shot on a fully built 4.0 V6 block. They mention my 5.4 block in the article, which is currently bone stock.

Buckman has the 5.4 4V GT500 motor. I have a 5.4 3V F150 motor. Mike just got a new block for me, and will be doing a full build up to include heads, cams and dailing up the boost to 16-17psi, depends on how far we can go with pump gas.

I managed a 10.9 with the car, and a bunch of 11.0's, 11.1's. Lance (buckman) went 11.0 in his, at less psi and a 75 shot making better mph than me. Though the cars were apples to oranges. I had low cr, and very aggessive cams. I was hoping for 10.7 once I addressed the trans, but I killed it before I could get a better ET.

Hopefully someone else will try it.

Rygen

I can break any motor!
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Mike@Powerhouse developed it, here are some pics:

2483ab14300102.jpg

2483ab1429adf4.jpg

2483ab166bd246.jpg

It will be sporting a 70mm this season, and hopefully I will see low 10's with it at some point. But we will have to wait and see, I need a fair bit of supporting mods.

rojizostang

i love my cams
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
looks very expensive...lol...does anybody make anything that will accept a stock gt throttle body or something like that...for us guys that are staying n/a? (not because we don't want to go fi...if you know what i mean)

there's an f150 motor for sale locally, an 06, heads and all for $1200...so i have to wonder of course how involved a 5.4 3v swap into the s197 platform would be. obviously the manifold is a big issue...and i wonder if the shorty headers i'm running now would still fit. i mean i know they'll bolt up to the heads, but i would think clearance around the steering shaft and stuff would be an issue.

i'd like for the hood to close...

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
looks very expensive...lol...does anybody make anything that will accept a stock gt throttle body or something like that...for us guys that are staying n/a? (not because we don't want to go fi...if you know what i mean)

there's an f150 motor for sale locally, an 06, heads and all for $1200...so i have to wonder of course how involved a 5.4 3v swap into the s197 platform would be. obviously the manifold is a big issue...and i wonder if the shorty headers i'm running now would still fit. i mean i know they'll bolt up to the heads, but i would think clearance around the steering shaft and stuff would be an issue.

i'd like for the hood to close...

You would deffently need something like the BMR K-member with the engine lowering mounts, a cowl induction hood (for under hood room) and a tune for sure.

Reaction score
Expect a 5.4 n/a intake in the near future.
I was actually contemplating putting a kit together that would include everything neccessary to get a 5.4 under the stock hood of an s197, This would include the necesasary motor mounts, Intake and exhaust components. The amount of interest dictates how fast I get this put together.

Freaknazty

KEYBOARD NINJA
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I was actually contemplating putting a kit together that would include everything neccessary to get a 5.4 under the stock hood of an s197, This would include the necesasary motor mounts, Intake and exhaust components. The amount of interest dictates how fast I get this put together.

:popcorneat:

dammit mike lol , i just asked your buddy at the shop about this the other day when i called about the block ordeal , man that would deff be kick ass

US-1

Banned
Reaction score
Glad to see Hu get that magazine up and running. We talked about it at SEMA last year and it sounded like a great concept. Looks really good!!!

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back