New pics with sportlines on

TexStang

Reaction score
Here are some pics of my car and a buddies T/A. I just recently put my sportlines on with a bmr adj panhard bar and brace and love it all.
Any questions just post up :clap:

sweet.jpg

try1post.jpg

kylefieldpost.jpg

And an artsy shot...i should have paid more attention to the reflections

emblem1.jpg

Vapor08gt

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
DAYUM that is a good lookin ride. What are the measurements between the rocker and the ground ? Also wheel and tire size ?

TexStang

Reaction score
I did tweak them in photoshop a bit...but the originals were very nice ;)

I don't know the measurements off the top of my head, and I'm not near my car right now to measure it. The tires are 295/40-18 and 255/40-18 Falken Azenis on 18x10 and 18x9 black deep dish Bullitts. Thanks for the compliments

DKO

Shut up and die!
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I usually think that the black on black thing tends to look overdone, but I think that's mainly due to the fact that people fail to maintain the color. What kind of polish do you use? Looks kind of like a Zaino job :)

Extremely nice though, I'm impressed with the cleanliness and the shine on both cars.

TexStang

Reaction score
Honestly... All I did was use some of Meguiars scratch x to take care of some small issues that wouldn't show up in pictures anyways. About 2 weeks ago I claybar'd it and then waxed the whole thing with Zymol wax...which is a horrible horrible thing. I really like the wax, but it is a pain to get off because it dusts really really bad. Anyways, I wash my car pretty much every week, and use Meguiars Gold Class. I've been lucky and had time to wax it after ever wash since then. Before I took these pictures I waxed it with Meguiars NXT, then went over it again right before the pictures with Meguiars spray NXT wax. I really wanna give it the complete zaino go, but everytime I run out of something I end up just running down to o'reilleys and buying what I need cause I can't wait to get it in the mail from zaino.

If you really want a nice nice shine.... Porter Cable DA sander/buffer with some very light cutting pads and Zaino's scratch remover/fixer stuff works extremely well. Also, the Porter Cable makes waxing alot easier if you get a soft foam pad for it as you can easily apply wax, then put a cotton bonnet on it to remove the excess.

Thanks for the compliments guys! I'm really pleased how my car is coming along considering I'm on a college budget. I guess its nice to make a plan of what you want and stick too it instead of slapping pieces on and taking things off. Although I consider the springs an performance mod, it will prolly be the last appearance mod I do... I like the stealthy, can-tell-its-modded-but-can't-pick-out-what kind of look instead of something that screams modded or fast. Now if I'd just get out of college and buy my whipple along with some other goodies :)

Last edited:

TexStang

Reaction score
I guarantee...or almost since I'm sure there is some idiot out there that can do it, but I almost guarantee that you cannot screw up the paint with a Porter Cable DA... Especially with a very mild cutting/polishing pad on it... but then again personal preference :)

Steedman07

Classified's Moderator:)
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
true...I just prefer to hand wax, absolutely no swirl marks...I hate damned swirl marks

Boss281

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Your car looks fantastic! If I had the bucks to build a second s197 as a street machine, it would look just like that--damn that is mean looking. Although with my Boss fanaticism, I'd problably throw a Cervinis chin spoiler and Boss hood scoop...

5 stars dude!

John

TexStang

Reaction score
thanks guys, the compliments are always welcome and appreciated

Back