New sub and amp help

Black_MagicGT

forum member
Reaction score
A friend had these in his old car and isn't going to put these in his new car so he let me basically have them until a further date. 2 10 inch Solo Baric Kickers in a box and a Xploid 1200w amp. Only deal was that he didn't want to remove the wires from his car, which is understandable so here I am, can anyone help me with a "wiring kit" I should get or what I need? Thanks guys!

Attachments

• IMAG0784.jpg
    IMAG0784.jpg
    418.1 KB · Views: 19
  • IMAG0785.jpg
    IMAG0785.jpg
    362.6 KB · Views: 15
  • IMAG0786.jpg
    IMAG0786.jpg
    299.2 KB · Views: 15
  • IMAG0787.jpg
    IMAG0787.jpg
    341.9 KB · Views: 15

kylecm85

forum member
Reaction score
Basically you will need a amp kit. Probably a 4 gauge kit will work. Means it has a power wire ground wire remote turn on wire and rca's. then you will need a line output converter to turn a high level speaker signal to a low level RCA signal. You can hook the line output converter to the rear speakers wire under the rear deck. Just tap into them.

stang1971

forum member
Reaction score
Basically you will need a amp kit. Probably a 4 gauge kit will work. Means it has a power wire ground wire remote turn on wire and rca's. then you will need a line output converter to turn a high level speaker signal to a low level RCA signal. You can hook the line output converter to the rear speakers wire under the rear deck. Just tap into them.
this is exactly correct!!!!!

stang1971

forum member
Reaction score
Ok thanks tho! Can anyone else help me out thats done this with a shaker500?

Factory Amp Turn-ondk. green/purple (F), gray/black (R)+radio, 8 pin plug, pins 4 and 8Power AntennaN/A
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
Left Front Speaker (+/-)orange/lt. green - lt. blue/white+,-radio, 24 pin plug, pins 8 and 21Right Front Speaker (+/-)white/lt. green - dk. green/orange+,-radio, 24 pin plug, pins 11 and 12Left Rear Speaker (+/-)gray/lt. blue - tan/yellow+,-radio, 24 pin plug, pins 9 and 22Right Rear Speaker (+/-)orange/red - brown/pink+,-radio, 24 pin plug, pins 10 and 23Center Channel (+/-)N/A
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
Subwoofer (+/-)brn/org - red/blk (F), pink/lt. grn - org/red (R)+,-radio, 8 pin plug, pins 1 and 2 (F), 5 and 6

kylecm85

forum member
Reaction score
Just look at the left rear and right rear speaker wires. Use the positive and negatives for each one for your signal.

Is your car a stick or auto? If stick tale the battery and tray out and there is a grommet on that side under where the tray goes to get through. Have you tried putting that box in the car. The trunk opening is small.

kylecm85

forum member
Reaction score
That's cool. It's not a bad install at all. Just take your time and do it right and it will go easy.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back