New to Mustangs

jpf150

Reaction score
Hey guys, I've been lurking here for about a month or so, figured it was time for an introduction. I'm pretty new to the mustang world but not Fords. My first vehicle was a 2001 F-150 that met its untimely demise a little over a month ago. It has since been replaced with a clean 2006 GT. I'm glad I found this board as it seems to be a wealth of knowledge with a little bit of fun packed in along the way. I look forward to (hopefully) posting on here a good bit as I am active on quite a few boards, mainly car audio related. I also can't wait for you guy's help to spend my money, or what little I have for it:)

A little about the car...

I was not set on getting a mustang but when I saw this car I had to have it. I made many attempts to justify not getting it, but in the end it beat out every other car I was looking at. With only 61xxx miles on it and a trade in at my local Audi dealership by an older gentleman, I couldn't pass it up. It is mostly stock except for a different intake and an aftermarket head unit. It came with an aftermarket head unit, but I replaced that with the one from my truck. I'll be getting exhaust for it shortly and will be continuing to work on the audio for a little while. I have the car wired, but buying speakers, woodworking, fiberglassing, and sound deadening all still need to be done. For now, the stock will have to do.

And because I know they are mandatory.....

IMG_0127%201_zpszem9bfo8.jpg

mustang_zpsbogmyc0p.jpeg

Oh, and yes it is a manual and yes I have read about how to post in tech :wink:
I use the search feature always, as evident by my post count. Thanks for looking!

-James

07gts197

forum member
Reaction score
Nice score man and welcome to S197! Im jealous, my 00 gt was black and I loved it but the only color stang that was in my price range was tungsten gray. Cool color cuz its a tri coat but its not black.

jpf150

Reaction score
Thanks man! My F150 was red so black is definitely a change for me. I detailed it the other week and the paint needs some TLC, but when clean it does shine!

07gts197

forum member
Reaction score
No problem bro. You know, thats how my 00 was too, the paint wasnt the best (it was from the northeast and wasnt taken care of) but when I took the time to buff it, it looked stunning.

MADGT

forum member
Reaction score
That's a great lookint stang. Low mileage. Reminds me of my own ride I got 9 yrs ago today.

jpf150

Reaction score
No problem bro. You know, thats how my 00 was too, the paint wasnt the best (it was from the northeast and wasnt taken care of) but when I took the time to buff it, it looked stunning.

I can't even look at the hood sometime because of all the rock chips lol. But it is a daily driver and I just finished up with a trip from NC to Boston, MA and back. So there will be more damaged paint!

That's a great lookint stang. Low mileage. Reminds me of my own ride I got 9 yrs ago today.

Thanks! I somehow find some good deals on low mileage stuff. I bought my 01 f150 back in 09 and it had 72xxx miles on it. Had just a tick over 135xxx when it was totaled.

jpf150

Reaction score
Welcome! Clean S197 and congrats on the new purchase!

If you ever need anything, such as the forum discount code, feel free to shoot me a PM!

In the mean time you are more than welcome to browse our site for all your mustang parts needs! http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/2005-09-Mustang

Thanks Phillip! I'll definitely be using you guys for some parts. A hometown friend of mine, Harris, is working for y'all now and I'd love to support your company! When I get ready to buy, I'll shoot you a PM.

TGR96

el blanco nino
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum, welcome to Mustang world (hang on to your checkbook!), and congrats on the new ride!

jpf150

Reaction score

Thanks!

just because I always do..

Welcome...

This is not like most other boards

Please take a few moments and read through these:

http://s197forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=30272

http://s197forum.com/forum/announcement.php?f=19

http://s197forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=89602

Thanks stkjock! I appreciate the fact that you guys minimize clutter in tech. It makes looking for stuff much easier!

Welcome to the forum, welcome to Mustang world (hang on to your checkbook!), and congrats on the new ride!

Thanks! I'm still in school so the checkbook(really just my debit card..I swear I could online shop for stuff I want all day lol) will have to be put away most of the time. Luckily I work almost full time so I do get some play money :)

Phillip@LMR

Official Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks Phillip! I'll definitely be using you guys for some parts. A hometown friend of mine, Harris, is working for y'all now and I'd love to support your company! When I get ready to buy, I'll shoot you a PM.

Ol Harris! Sounds great buddy!

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back