Nexus Gauges

usafimj

Reaction score
Are these gauges really worth it considering the price?

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
YES, at least IMHO. The ONLY reason i was able to shut down my engine after the oil pump died is the oil pressure gauge was flashing red at me. A regular gauge would not have caught my eye like that and i could have blown the motor. They have already paid for themselves on that one pump failure many times over.

Not to mention they are electric, no messing with fluids or kinked lines, ect.

usafimj

Reaction score
Thanks. Thinking of getting Nexus gauges (Boost/Vac, Fuel Psi, WB A/F), gauges controller, and SOS pillar pod from JPC on the deal he has going. Granted I'll have to pay a bit more but its about $240 cheaper going through him

gijosh28

Bad Penny
Reaction score
Thanks. Thinking of getting Nexus gauges (Boost/Vac, Fuel Psi, WB A/F), gauges controller, and SOS pillar pod from JPC on the deal he has going. Granted I'll have to pay a bit more but its about $240 cheaper going through him

deal?

bigray327

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Yes, well worth the price. I too had a loss of oil pressure and saved my engine because of the flashing red. Datalogging, maximum and minimum reporting, cool startup and shutdown sequences, etc. And being able to change the color to match the rest of the cockpit is awesome.

One thing I don't like is that with five of them on one daisy chain, it seems to hiccup on initialization occasionally. Not a lot, just once in a while.

Note the A/F hiding in the vent pod on the left...
Cockpit04272009.jpg

gijosh28

Bad Penny
Reaction score
Yes, well worth the price. I too had a loss of oil pressure and saved my engine because of the flashing red. Datalogging, maximum and minimum reporting, cool startup and shutdown sequences, etc. And being able to change the color to match the rest of the cockpit is awesome.

One thing I don't like is that with five of them on one daisy chain, it seems to hiccup on initialization occasionally. Not a lot, just once in a while.

Note the A/F hiding in the vent pod on the left...
Cockpit04272009.jpg

can you post a bigger picture or email me one? Who did you center dash mod?

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
skip the nexus A/F too many problems with it. Stick with an AEM one and your all set.

gijosh28

Bad Penny
Reaction score
I know the nexus gauges come with a little controller thing. Can you turn the displays off with the controller?

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
you can never turn them off unless you pull the power plug on the control box or shut the car off, but if you make the color red, and them dim them all the way down they are so dim you cant see them

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
testing them on the dyno lol. forget the A/F gauge from autometer. the AEM works, but its a bit off too, but its the closest thing you can get without going nuts for one off a dyno lol

dagamore

Poor Driver mod
Reaction score
dont forget that if you are running cats, you will/can have a different AF ratio before and then after the cats.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back