nitrous + 100 octane

kenneth

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I was thinking about trying a little about 1 gallon 100 octane next time I go to the track.
I usually have between 1/4 and 1/2 tank of gas and just wanted to add some 100 octane. Also in Nitrous tune I already have 4* timing pulled.
Is this a good idea or not.

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
4 degrees timing pulled from what? 4 degrees pulled from an aggressive n/a 93 tune or 4 degrees from the stock timing curve---What is your total timing at WOT? 100 octane is a good idea when running nitrous---especially if your running 1/4 mile (vs 1/8th mile).

I really never had a problem running the 100 shot at all, but when I stepped up to the 125 shot I would loose a plug from time to time using pump gas. When I would run 100 octane, the plugs would survive.

Cheap insurance if you ask me. If you are going to try it, I would add more then 1 gallon though. If you add 2 gallons of 100 to 5 gallons of 91pump, you still only have 93.6 octane. If you do a 50/50 mix (assuming 91 pump) that would be 95.5.

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Also, what kind of tuner do you have? Diablosport? If you do, you could datalog a few passes and watch your knock sensor activity and watch your fuel pressure.

kenneth

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
4 degrees timing pulled from what? 4 degrees pulled from an aggressive n/a 93 tune or 4 degrees from the stock timing curve---What is your total timing at WOT? 100 octane is a good idea when running nitrous---especially if your running 1/4 mile (vs 1/8th mile).

I really never had a problem running the 100 shot at all, but when I stepped up to the 125 shot I would loose a plug from time to time using pump gas. When I would run 100 octane, the plugs would survive.

Cheap insurance if you ask me. If you are going to try it, I would add more then 1 gallon though. If you add 2 gallons of 100 to 5 gallons of 91pump, you still only have 93.6 octane. If you do a 50/50 mix (assuming 91 pump) that would be 95.5.
Not sure where the timing is pulled the tune was done on a dynojet dyno. It's a tune just for the Nitrous. That's just what the tuner told me how he set it up.
I run 93 in my car all the time, so if I mix 50/50 with the 100 I should end up with 97ish.

kenneth

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Also, what kind of tuner do you have? Diablosport? If you do, you could datalog a few passes and watch your knock sensor activity and watch your fuel pressure.

I have the SCT II not sure how to datalog with it.

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Ah, bummer. Data logging with the Diablosport is painfully easy. If I am not mistaken, I think you need your laptop hooked up to the SCTII and some software which you can download from the website.

jp's performance

shooting for 11.60's N/A
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Ah, bummer. Data logging with the Diablosport is painfully easy. If I am not mistaken, I think you need your laptop hooked up to the SCTII and some software which you can download from the website.
you are correct paul.thats how i datalog my car with my laptop on the passenger floor hooked up to my x-cal2

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back