October 9th @ 4:00

Hatchman

Stangless
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
It's on the ICW after the Great Bridge lock between Centerville Turnpike and N Landing road. You have to go through the lock and wait for the turnpike bridge to open to get there. But once you are in, the bridge doesn't open for 30 minutes and you've got 5 miles of the intracoastal waterway all to yourself. Not a lot of boats want to mess with waiting for the lock and bridges, so you usually have the river all to yourself. And since I'm down here in Chesapeake anyway, I can get from the house to the lock in the boat in about 30 minutes. Not that wide there, but wide enough for some tubbing and other fun stuff. :)

Last edited:

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Thought it looked familiar! I have seen that shot from the land side...so you are one of those people that make me sit on Centerville all the time and cuss you out, LOL!

Hatchman

Stangless
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Thought it looked familiar! I have seen that shot from the land side...so you are one of those people that make me sit on Centerville all the time and cuss you out, LOL!

Yeah, no kidding, I was the one doing the cussing for 8 years. But it's nice being on the other side.

Hatchman

Stangless
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Thank you, Greg for having us over. We had a great time! Nice to meet some folks and have some good food and crack a cold one.

BTW, we are heading out on the boat tomorrow. You and the wife are welcome to join us!

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Thanks Brady, good to see you and not be working on cars!

Did the pilates machine work out and fit in the car?

What time tomorrow are you heading out and for how long?

Hatchman

Stangless
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Yep, it fit, just had to pull some pins and it folded right up. Wouldn't have worked if the rear seats didn't fold down though.

We are probably going to head out around 1130 which will give us plenty of time to launch and get to the lock by 1230. We will probably stay out until around 5. Might pull into Kelly's Tavern for a burger around 4pm. Something nice about a burger and beer after a day on the boat!

Yes, it was nice to hang out without wrenching for a change, LOL!

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back