Oil blow by into intake...NO MORE FOR ME!

ulev1st

Mustang Addict!
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
When I pulled the Whipple off for the winter teardown I noticed a significant amount of oil in the intake tube where the factory dump from the passenger side valve/cam cover is..So like a few others on here I decided a catch can was in order. I like doing things a little different than most so since I already had the cam/valve cover off anyway. I ground off the heads that hold the mist tray/tube in place. Once that was gone and out of the way I took my dremel tool and enlarged the factory hole until I could tap it with 3/4 pipe threads and screwed a 12 AN fitting into it so I have a neat looking place to attach the 12 AN line that will run to the Moroso vented catch can..

Last edited:

MikeVistaBlue06

Inventor: Asshole Points
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
What is the grey looking stuff around the hole in the 3rd picture? I think I know what it is, but would like to know for sure.

Thx,

Mike

ulev1st

Mustang Addict!
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
It is just some Permatex Ultra Grey...I am a clean freak and didn't want any chance for oil seepage past the 3/4 pipe threads on the 12 AN fitting..better safe than sorry...just a little leak insurance.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back