oil psi on 2014 gt

mike maloney

Resident Fuktard
Reaction score
On the 2014 gt that has the "track apps" display,it is reading normal all of the time.Is the sending unit a variable output or just psi no psi signal?

Dino Dino Bambino

I have a red car
Reaction score
The oil pressure gauge sending unit is a glorified switch so you either have oil pressure or no oil pressure. If you want a proper oil pressure gauge, you'll need to go aftermarket.

Coosawjack

forum member
Reaction score
And you'll find your OP is about 100 PSI cold idle and high even after warm up........IMPRESSIVE!!:beer:

mike maloney

Resident Fuktard
Reaction score
thanks! I'm looking for ss braided Teflon tubing longer than 6' for mechanical oil psi gauge.6' is the longest jeggs has. I need about
6"longer.

SilBult

Reaction score
Oil pressure varies quite a bit on these engines. I use 5w30 Mobil 1 in my '14 GT and on a cold start up it's just under 100 psi on an Autometer gauge. Once it's up to full temp it's 25 psi at idle and still near 100 psi above 4,000 rpm. It's worth remembering that nearly all of the older American pushrod engines ran the oil pump off of the cam drive so the pump ran at 1/2 engine rpm ie. at 6,000 engine rpm the pump was only turning 3,000 rpm. All three of the current crop of American V8's [ 3G Hemi, LS, and Ford mod motor ] run the oil pump off the crankshaft so it turns at full engine rpm. When you consider that all of these engines use thinner oils than the older engines, but run the oil pump at full engine rpm it's not surprising that the pressure varies a lot.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back