Ordering a new PCM

Clay

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Hawg, check your PM's, I sent you one a couple of days ago.

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Hawg, check your PM's, I sent you one a couple of days ago.

yea, I got it.. but I can only add you to my messenger program so many times. The rest is up to you to accept the request.

terry5357

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
they still haven't touched it. I talked to Scott on Friday and expressed my displeasure. Not that it matters at the moment because obviously I am out of town. But I told him that I am having the car service take me to HPP next Friday instead of home. I was either going to drive the car off, or put it on a tiltbed and drag it to Gearheads. He didn't really give a shit either way... so neither do I.

I promise you that Manny doesn't know about this. IT might would be a good idea to present this little exchange to Manny. Manny strikes me as a heads up business man and would never tell you "I don't give shit where you take your car". I don't see him bailing out on a project that he's been working.

Honestly I think the majority of the time that Manny is so freaking overwhelmed by his work load he has no idea what kind of shit Scott is spouting............I don't care who you are or what kind of business you're in a remark like that is not the kind of statement a good business man would make.........a statement like that could only come from a young person who thinks he has more stroke than he actually does. WIth out HPP Scott is just another kid looking for a job, and HPP without Scott is just a company in need of a secretary. Unfortunately Scott is not mature enough to recognize this. HE's bullshitted me before on the price of my gear install. he quoted me $250 - $300 (I provided the gears) charged me damn near $400. Thats a long way from $250 - $300, that won't happen again. THe world I live in, when you quote a job THAT IS WHAT YOU CHARGE 9barring no catastrphe's and this was a routine install). would you like me to tell you how I really feel about it...............lol
JUst my $.02

Again, I think you should bring that little echange to Manny's attention.

Last edited:

Clay

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
yea, I got it.. but I can only add you to my messenger program so many times. The rest is up to you to accept the request.
Hey, clear the sand out of your vagina Hawg :rolleyes: I already added you =) Wonder why it's not working. I'll delete ya' and re add ya'.

EDIT: Added you to Yahoo.

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Again, I think you should bring that little echange to Manny's attention.
Well, back in September ( last time I was there ) I did have a talk with him about "both" his little secretaries. And I got the exact result out of him I expected. Then I walked off thinking to myself "gee... does he truly care of was he blowing smoke up my ass". With him it is hard to tell sometimes.

Bottom line, i'm like a crack whore and I will always go back. He always cuts me some kind of break here and there. Usually only charges me a minimal charge for dyno time. And everyone knows he probably is the best tuner in the area...so we all put up with the rest of the antics. Hell, I am glad their business has grown like it has over the last year or so, but sure miss the "smaller" days there when it was just the one shop, James and Jeremy tuning, 4 or 5 people total working there. At least then you felt like they were your friend.

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Hey, clear the sand out of your vagina Hawg :rolleyes: I already added you =) Wonder why it's not working. I'll delete ya' and re add ya'.

EDIT: Added you to Yahoo.
You say that like I was chasing you down... You PMed me, remember?

Last edited:

ixtlan

Reaction score
So I take it we still dont know if it is fixed?
We had a bit of a thread take over coup and I got lost.
Was the PCM the problem er just where does it stand?

Adam@ST

Official Vendor
Reaction score
re pcm

Hey Hawg,wish I had read this sooner. I went through an exact ordeal with 05 Saleen with the exact problem.I swapped every part known to man,injectors,maf,02's,etc,with no change. Put the PCM out of my car in it and problem cured. Took the car to a local dealer,explained to them what processes I went through to diagnose the problem,and they warranteed the pcm. I went through this back in February of this year.
I did re install the original tune without any changes and it worked perfect. Something just went away in the computer.

MikeVistaBlue06

Inventor: Asshole Points
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Something just went away in the computer.

Sorry ass Motorola microcontroller more than likely. :tdown: They never were known for quality in their semiconductors, nor their phones. I know this because I used to work there and see the shit they would let go through the fab because the dickhead in charge [sic] "knowed high volume manufacturing," and you couldn't convince him otherwise.

It is a different company now, but they ain't got the latest and greatest manufacturing tools as 200mm silicon wafers are yesterday's news and 300mm wafer fabs are the state of the art!

Just my :2cents: worth for all it matters.:clap:

Lets just say I don't have any love at all for Motorola nor the sorry shit they made or make today!

Mike

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Hey Hawg,wish I had read this sooner. I went through an exact ordeal with 05 Saleen with the exact problem.I swapped every part known to man,injectors,maf,02's,etc,with no change. Put the PCM out of my car in it and problem cured. Took the car to a local dealer,explained to them what processes I went through to diagnose the problem,and they warranteed the pcm. I went through this back in February of this year.
I did re install the original tune without any changes and it worked perfect. Something just went away in the computer.

Well at least it's reassuring that someone else had the same issue. I am FINALLY friggin finished with Boston and will be back in Texas next week. Going to go ahead and get the PCM ordered from Ford this weeks so it will be there about the time I get back. Hopefully this will fix it. Kinda tired running it pig rich in open loop to keep it from leaning out.

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Lets just say I don't have any love at all for Motorola nor the sorry shit they made or make today!

About half the time my Yahoo! IM status reads "someone at Motorola must be giggling their ass off". I work with their ATCA chassis daily. Biggest piece of shit to hit the telephony industry in a long time.

LAK3RS

Original Member
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Well at least it's reassuring that someone else had the same issue. I am FINALLY friggin finished with Boston and will be back in Texas next week. Going to go ahead and get the PCM ordered from Ford this weeks so it will be there about the time I get back. Hopefully this will fix it. Kinda tired running it pig rich in open loop to keep it from leaning out.

Yes! You're coming home, and you're gonna get that sucker fixed!! Finally!!

LAK3RS

Original Member
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
About half the time my Yahoo! IM status reads "someone at Motorola must be giggling their ass off". I work with their ATCA chassis daily. Biggest piece of shit to hit the telephony industry in a long time.

C'mon, you gotta represent the 6-7 Razr's I've gone through in two years!

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
C'mon, you gotta represent the 6-7 Razr's I've gone through in two years!
Honestly my V3 is probably the best phone I have had. But that still doesnt change my attitude toward them overall.

terry5357

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Sorry ass Motorola microcontroller more than likely. :tdown: They never were known for quality in their semiconductors, nor their phones. I know this because I used to work there and see the shit they would let go through the fab because the dickhead in charge [sic] "knowed high volume manufacturing," and you couldn't convince him otherwise.

It is a different company now, but they ain't got the latest and greatest manufacturing tools as 200mm silicon wafers are yesterday's news and 300mm wafer fabs are the state of the art!

Just my :2cents: worth for all it matters.:clap:

Mike

Okay you want to tell us how you really feel:doggy:

LAK3RS

Original Member
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Honestly my V3 is probably the best phone I have had. But that still doesnt change my attitude toward them overall.

I agree, I prefer it over any of the phones I've owned. I've just gone through sooo many of them!

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back