P0172 & P0175, running reach, black pipes, high idle...

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Have you cleaned the TB since you bought the car? Mine ran rough, lack smoke burning gas, idled badly. Cleaned the TB and ran fine afterwards
post 16 says cleaned TB

briskspirit

Reaction score
Tuned to SCT strategy with stock set ups(I don't have a stock tune) trims running -25, getting a wrench sign when trying to go over 3000 rpm. Installed stock air box, checked injectors - they are stock 24lb.

When I remove vacuum hose from fuel pressure sensor(and blocking that hose by finger) - nothing happens! With or without hose FPS reading 38-40 psi. Removed FPS wire - nothing happens(except it was reading 75psi through OBD2). Is it ok? Thought that FPS should read more when vacuum hose is disconnected.

briskspirit

Reaction score
Today I've decided to test one idea... Flashed SCT tune and selected 30lb injectors(+25% as was by fuel trims)(and I have 24lb stock injectors black with orange bottom). Now I am getting +-5% trims and no rich OBD2 codes. But still getting wrench light(without check engine light!) and P061B as was getting before.... Any ideas now?

briskspirit

Reaction score
Will try to change fuel pressure sensor... Something is wrong with fuel delivery, too much..

briskspirit

Reaction score
Is it tuned for e85? Stock injectors? Boost a pump, modified fuel pump wire? I bet it's an e85 car.

I've flashed it with SCT tuner for 91 octane gas. Injectors are stock as I can see by their look and part number. Will check fuel pump... What should I see ?

briskspirit

Reaction score
If none of the above are on it, the fuel wire will not have been modded. I suspect you don't have a hidden boost a pump.

Might need to have it data logged.

Changed fuel pressure sensor, now reading on idle ~69psi (was 40psi) and nothing else changed... PCM don't want to trim fuel by fuel pump??...

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back