P0340/p0344/p0345/p0349

mineralgoogt

forum member
Reaction score
Background on what was done to car prior to codes.
I had LT headers installed and the before dyno was really low on power around 276 with FRPP cams, delete plates, C&L intake, and off-road h-pipe.
After header install picked up around 20hp with revised tune.

My car was not putting down expected power, so time to find out why. Changed plugs to no avail. A couple weeks later pulled front timing cover to make sure timing was ok, it was. Pulled plugs again to inspect and one of them looked lean, so figured maybe a fuel issue. Pulled all injectors and had them tested, cleaned, and flow matched. Injectors tested fine by the way. So figured might have been cams not making power for some reason and was about to put some comps in it. Well for testing put back onto dyno and picked up 26hp with just cleaning injectors. So maybe problem solved right?

Nope, after pulling the car off the dyno there were cam codes once restarted. Pulled sensors and cleaned them . Well drive the car about 60 miles no cam codes once car is restarted again there are cam codes again. The car is not running correctly either, it sound weird at idle, very sluggish, feels like miss fire at times, and slow to start. Reset and drive a few miles and codes come back again. Now they come on almost every time within first run, and if not second time starting. I have already changed the alternator and the ripple is well within spec. I have replaced both cam sensors even after them testing within resistance. I have had the timing checked also with Ford's IDS. Pulled one of the valve covers and the ford tech looked at phaser and said looked fine. I don't see any breaks in the wires. Ford is telling me they think it is the ECU. If it was the ECU shouldn't there be more problems? I have tried different tunes to see if that may have been problem and it isn't.

I am at a loss and have searched all over and haven't found anything.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score
Who in the world is ATTEMPTING to tune your car?:dead2:

Those mods are minimal and easy to tune without throwing all those codes much less run like crap if everything mechanical is as sound as you imply!!!:dunce:

Kuro!

Banned
Reaction score
1) What dyno was the car run on and was it SAE corrected

2) What about your COPs

3) Try cleaning your MAF

mineralgoogt

forum member
Reaction score
I have tried 2 different tunes which both ran fine until we pulled the front cover.

Sent using EvO tap a talk

dysan

Dis-Member
Reaction score
Was the ground put back on that bolts to the block after the headers were done? I don't remember it that's on the passenger or driver's side but it's a pretty big ground wire that goes on one of the bolts that hold the mounting plates to the block.

Kuro!

Banned
Reaction score
Have you altered the wiring harness in anyway, like a wire tuck?

Was the ground put back on that bolts to the block after the headers were done? I don't remember it that's on the passenger or driver's side but it's a pretty big ground wire that goes on one of the bolts that hold the mounting plates to the block.

Car wouldn't start with out that.

mineralgoogt

forum member
Reaction score
1) What dyno was the car run on and was it SAE corrected

2) What about your COPs

3) Try cleaning your MAF

Haven't tried cleaning MAF. Load tested coils, and checked for interference and none found.

mineralgoogt

forum member
Reaction score
We are gonna bypass wiring harness and see what happens.

Kuro!

Banned
Reaction score
Instead of doing all of that, why don't you first try and just unplug the harness, clean/grease the connectors and reconnect everything.

mineralgoogt

forum member
Reaction score
Well no short in wiring to pcm from sensors. Going to check oil pressure next and if fine replace PCM.

mineralgoogt

forum member
Reaction score
Well PCM did not solve issue, any suggestions? Interesting though, the VCT goes into closed loop at idle.when the car is revved it goes back into open loop.

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Unplug the MAF and start the car; if it starts fine and idle's it's the tune.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back