Paxton +e85 = win

Kaane

forum member
Reaction score
Just got my car retuned for e85 at True Street Motorsports.

Only Mods

Paxton 2200 from Beefcake Stock pulley
ID1000's
KB BAP
JLT Intake
E85 Tune

Must be worlds cheapest 700whp build. Still running stock exhaust with cats.

Alluminator for christmas, since i know it won't last.

ehrt.jpg

onebadgsx

Reaction score
Wont last long. Gotta be lean as hell up top. Stock systen doesnt have near enough pump for e85 at 600 hp much less 700hp

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
dyno numbers are not tech on this forum, please review the posting rules, moved

enjoy the power

Kaane

forum member
Reaction score
It is not lean, it's running out of maf past 7200rpm with how it is scaled. I am limiting it to 7200rpm on the street. I've seen a few 730whp setups on e85 running stock pump + bap with no fueling issues. I will upgrade it when I get the new motor at christmas time.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
hard to be certain from the pic you posted, however, certainly appears that the A/F is climbing hard after 7000 rpm

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
whatever the reason, it's still lean

onebadgsx

Reaction score
What are you seeing for lamda at 7000. A/f doesnt mean shit on e85 since almost everything is set up for gasoline

Kaane

forum member
Reaction score
I understand, the Rev Limiter was lowered to 7200rpm for that reason. I am shifting at 7k anyway to make sure the motor survives for a few months.

onebadgsx

Reaction score
It is not lean, it's running out of maf past 7200rpm with how it is scaled. I am limiting it to 7200rpm on the street. I've seen a few 730whp setups on e85 running stock pump + bap with no fueling issues. I will upgrade it when I get the new motor at christmas time.

I also know a couple cars that have maxed out pumps with a BAP and 93 with a paxton on 3.6 pulleys

05yellowgt

Reaction score
It is certainly lean on a gas cal'd scale. Looks like around 13.5 @7500. That would be about .92 lambda. With E85 that is around 9.06. It is leaner than I ever run my car, but isn't quite as catastrophically dangerous as it would be on traditional pump or race gas. I'd still want to get it to around .85 lambda for safety (12.5 on gas cal'd wideband).

onebadgsx

Reaction score
It is certainly lean on a gas cal'd scale. Looks like around 13.5 @7500. That would be about .92 lambda. With E85 that is around 9.06. It is leaner than I ever run my car, but isn't quite as catastrophically dangerous as it would be on traditional pump or race gas. I'd still want to get it to around .85 lambda for safety (12.5 on gas cal'd wideband).

correct .85 lambda weather gasoline or e85, that never changes on a boosted app, n/a cars can run .88 or so.

a/f is a calculation and changes depending on the fuel you run. so 12.5 a/f is lean for e85.

stock 5.0 pump on gasoline is good for a little north of 600, with bap call it 650. e85 uses 40% more fuel at wot than gasoline, so stock pump with bap is good for 400 hp. doesnt matter maf reading or rev limiter.

just trying to help be running corn for 3 years so ive learned a little about it.

Kaane

forum member
Reaction score
correct .85 lambda weather gasoline or e85, that never changes on a boosted app, n/a cars can run .88 or so.

a/f is a calculation and changes depending on the fuel you run. so 12.5 a/f is lean for e85.

stock 5.0 pump on gasoline is good for a little north of 600, with bap call it 650. e85 uses 40% more fuel at wot than gasoline, so stock pump with bap is good for 400 hp. doesnt matter maf reading or rev limiter.

just trying to help be running corn for 3 years so ive learned a little about it.

I think you are a bit pessimistic in your view on how much the stock pump + bap can support. If the MAF did not peg my AFR's would be perfect. I am not saying that the pump isn't close to being maxxed, but it is far from being able to only support 400hp on E85.....

Juiced 66

forum member
Reaction score
I dunno, maybe your fuel pump is a freak. I've never seen an e85 car make that much power without fuel system upgrades.
Good luck to you though, I hope it all works out.

CPRsm

forum member
Reaction score
Guy locally made about 730rwhp w the stocker. But he's going to have a larger bap installed forthe same reason you see in the graph. I don't think a maf is leaning it out. I believe the O2's would still add fuel if you ran out of maf.

MRSUPRA

Reaction score
There was a guy on SVT forums that made 775rwhp with a BAP and ID1000's on E85. I'm thinking that with E85, you're gaining most of your power from ignition advance. So your engine is simply running more efficient, not requiring much more fuel.

onebadgsx

Reaction score
Straight from wikipedia. E85 has 33% less energy than gasoline. Which means you need 33% more e85 (more pump) to due the same task.

There is not a big tuner that would tune e85 lean and advance timing to gain power. Yall can read whatever at svtperformance but ill stick will e85 with a system that can handle the power. Good luck

In contrast, ethanol critics contest the benefits of E85 by focusing on the fact that E85 has 33% lessenergy content*than 100% gasoline (and 30% less than the E10*gasohol*blend that is sold by almost all retailers in the US).[2]. The amount of reduction in mileage, therefore, is highly dependent upon the particulars of the vehicle design, exact composition of the ethanol-gasoline blend, and state of engine tune (primarily*fuel-air mixture*and compression ratio). In order to offset this change in fuel economy there has been much legislation passed to subsidize the cost. The American Jobs Creation Act of 2004 created the Volumetric Ethanol Excise Tax Credit (VEETC) to subsidize the production costs. In 2008, the 2008 Farm Bill changed the 51-cent tax credit provided by VEETC to 45 cents. There have been other measures taken by congress to jump start ethanol production. For instance, the 2004 VEETC bill provided for a Small Ethanol Producer Tax Credit which gave tax credits to small ethanol producers. More recently the Tax Relief, Unemployment Insurance Reauthorization, and Job Creation Act of 2010 extended the tax cuts allowed by VEETC that were set to expire at the end of 2010 until the end of 2012.[3]

Kaane

forum member
Reaction score
You definitely need more fuel, but good BAP gives you quite a bit extra flow. Either way, I will monitor AFR's on the street and not exceed 7K rpm for now.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back