pistons & rods?

psycho bob

FISTER
Reaction score
bought these rods from the classifieds a couple days ago.

http://modularmustangracing.com.tempwebsite.net/cartgenie/prodInfo.asp?pid=135&cid=1

i'm wondering if i'll be able to use the pistons with them and if so will these pistons support up to 800hp. sorry if this can be found, but i did see it with any searches. my intent is to basically max out my eforce and don't want them if they will not support the 650-700 i expect. i am saying 800 because simply it's better to be a bit on the high side of what the parts will support even if i don't expect to be that high.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MAHLE-2005-...r_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4161784eb9

thanks for the help

lethe

V4g!n@ #er
Reaction score
You need to find out what size the small end is on the rods. If its the same as the wrist pin on the pistons you're good to go.

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
Those pistons are misadvertised. They will not produce 9.5 compression ratio. Notice they say 9.5 with a 44cc combustion chamber. They used to advertise them at 23cc dish.

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
thanks bruce. do you know what kind of power will those support.

I ran them at 599rwhp with a Whipple. IMO ratings are overrated. When you start getting into the higher hp levels anything can make a good motor go. I would be more conservative with the tune because they are made from 4032 which isn't a detonation friendly as 2618 (although nobody ever thinks about what detonation does to bearings). It's lower expansion also allows for a tighter piston to bore clearance and over time they will last longer because they don't go through as much expansion as 2618 pistons.

Those pistons come with good rings and they are made by cp. Piston to bore clearance for them is .002". That's where I had mine and they worked fine. IMO they are one of the best buys out there.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back