Plasma Booster Ignition? Anyone know about it?

warrior86

ODIN
Reaction score
I just read about this and found one for like $160 from the retail price of around $380-$400 and there have been numbers people saw, with decent number of gains of HP and Torque, and for $160 I figure it might be great if it is true.

I havent seen anyone post about this nor did the searches yield anything in this entire forum about it either.

Any insight on if it is worth it, stay away from it?

The info I did read when it came to testing and such were back with the newEdge mustangs mainly, so this is nothing new, but figured I would inquiry.

Thanks for any insight

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Stock ignition good for 1000+ no need to change

HIVOLTJ

Reaction score
The only time you would gain power by upgrading ignition is if you are blowing out the spark at RPM, otherwise snake oil

mac10chap

The bouncy tits guy...
Reaction score
I've got one that I bought way back in the day. Put it on and noticed no difference. I did however have to remove it when I put my procharger on cause the crimps that you use to tie into the coil wire was cutting off some of the current to the coil packs and it showed on the dyno. Had to remove it, buy coil pack extensions from Ford (not cheap) and soldier and heat shrink wrap the coil wires back together...

Long story short...dont get it.

Back