Popping sound during acceleration

ChevyKiller

Preferred Internet Drink
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Good deal - glad it worked out - now get that leak taken care of and you're back to 100%...:beer:

silverpoison

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Could a leak in a hose cause a vibration in the engine and the boost gauge to bounce on acceleration?

That sounds like one of your injectors is not firing, I had that problem before, check the conectors that plug to the injectors.

sevenleaf

forum member
Reaction score
I checked every connection and it all looks good on the fuel injectors.

I also deleted the PPRV valve on the pumps and my duty cycle dropped 2 points to 22 but still MAXES at 49. I still have the stutter.

sevenleaf

forum member
Reaction score
Its 12:24 and im kinda drunk but the best part is I fixed the boost issue I had. Yes I know it's hard to imagine but it's fixed!! I still have the exhaust gurggle but that could of been my tuner trying to fix my stutter issue.

I know everyone said vacuum leak and I know I said it wasn't. I tested every tube everything but one. The stupid boost guage boot. The one that connects to the T.

I got home from the bar started messing with the car and noticed I was out of beer. Ran to the gas station and had 0 boost. I forgot to plug the vacuum line to the side of the supercharger. The interesting thing was I had no stutter. The car drove really well. This got me thinking. I tested the stupid boost on the boost gauge and heard an air leak. Well damn, I took some electrical tape, taped it up and went for a drive. The car was AWESOME!!! it never drove so well in the past 4 months.

Thanks to chevy I fixed the fuel pressure issue and then the boost issue and everything is AWESOME.

The only problem I have now is the gurggle from the exhaust but it doesn't affect anything. I'll go over the exhaust tomorow but I'm going to do another shot to celebrate. :)

Thanks everyone for their suggestions

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back