!! Post your *BLACK* S197 !!

cam101

forum member
Reaction score
I have not posted a photo in a while. So here is a current one.

Attachments

• 68.jpg
    68.jpg
    491.1 KB · Views: 25

'14StangGT

forum member
Reaction score
New to the forum. Wanted to introduce my 2011.

stangtf2.jpg

Welcome to the party

Did you install the convertible bar ?

TGR96

el blanco nino
Reaction score
Hey, good to see you posting again Kevin! (I'm the guy who bought your Forgestar/Conti wheel and tire set up a few years back). I have seen your posts on the Corvette forum (been lurking over there a bit). I thought you had sold the Stang. So you have both the Vette and the Stang?

Kbreeze

forum member
Reaction score
RTR wheels are growing on me ...

Nice looking car

Thanks, Yeah I love the silver RTR, especially with black and they have a classy and classic spoke style with nice concavity to them.

Nice Kbreeze, it sits just right imo.

Thanks man, appreciate it. And I agree. I wasn't really happy with the stance with lower profile tires in the rear but the 285/40's made it perfect. Also, the extra sidewall helps ride quality and traction, plus it just looks badass and muscley ;)

Hey, good to see you posting again Kevin! (I'm the guy who bought your Forgestar/Conti wheel and tire set up a few years back). I have seen your posts on the Corvette forum (been lurking over there a bit). I thought you had sold the Stang. So you have both the Vette and the Stang?

Hey brother, nice to hear from you! No I still have the stand, but debating buying a C6 Z06 or a built GS. I go back and forth...

Shotokan1509

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks man, appreciate it. And I agree. I wasn't really happy with the stance with lower profile tires in the rear but the 285/40's made it perfect. Also, the extra sidewall helps ride quality and traction, plus it just looks badass and muscley ;)

Is that a 19" or 20"? Are you running a wheel spacer?

Kbreeze

forum member
Reaction score
By the way, can anyone tell me why my pictures are so small here? I use photobucket for my pics. Is there another site phot hosting site that is better. The actual pics are much bigger and better res.

Shotokan1509

forum member
Reaction score
They are 19x9.5's. No wheels spacers, these RTR wheels have a very aggressive offset.

Hmm that rear isn't much taller than my 275/35/20 but sure looks it. Must be your front to rear height difference. I know square better for handling but I miss when I ran 255/40/18 & 295/40/18 in the looks dept. Trying to figure out can I stay 275/35/20 front and squeak some more rear tire (20x9.5's all around)

Kbreeze

forum member
Reaction score
I've run 285/40/18 squared, 20's just like yours and this 19" staggered setup is my favorite in terms of a balance of everything for a street car: Weight, comfort, handling, traction, and looks. It still handles plenty good for the street These MPSS tires are fantastic.

'14StangGT

forum member
Reaction score
new topless pic

The previous owner put the stainless steel grille inserts on ... I keep going back and forth about whether to keep them on or take them off ..

I know most people prefer the blacked out look, but it's one of the only things that makes mine different that any other S197 black convertible in town ...

Reflection of the sky on the hood brought to you by Collinite and my Porter Cable

;)

Attachments

• IMG_0072.jpg
    IMG_0072.jpg
    527.5 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:

Shotokan1509

forum member
Reaction score
new topless pic

The previous owner put the stainless steel grille inserts on ... I keep going back and forth about whether to keep them on or take them off ..

I know most people prefer the blacked out look, but it's one of the only things that makes mine different that any other S197 black convertible in town ...

Reflection of the sky on the hood brought to you by Collinite and my Porter Cable

;)

Split the difference, try leaving them on but painting them black?

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back