* Power Wheels S197 Mustang Make-Over *

TTSaleen

forum member
Reaction score
So my daughter has a Barbie (Pink) mustang that I got her about 3 years ago.
This thing has been beat, banged, scratched, faded, repainted, faded-again, and paint was chipping off.
The hub caps were no longer chrome and the decal kit inside was faded and peeling off.

So I decided that I needed to "modify" her mustang to be more like mom & dad's.
LOL

BODY MODS =

1. So I decided to have the body stripped, then sanded, primed, and painted base coat & clear coat.
Shout out to Chad @ Automotive Transformations in Angier! He takes care of all my stuff!

2. I then figured that the Super Snake center stripe would look good, so I got the carbon-fiber decal and put it on.

3. Next I decided the white interior had to go.
What does every Mustang owner want? Answer is Black interior!
So I changed it all to black!

4. I figured the dingy gray windshield looked bad, so I tinted it black also! Haha!

DRIVETRAIN MODS =

1. She cannot have a plastic shifter in a nice car like this!
I made a custom shifter handle (bolt from Home Depot) and put my Hurst Quarter Stick ball on it.

2. Next I figured it needed a shifter boot, so I cut a piece of black Suede and put it on!

3. If Shelby folks can upgrade their superchargers for more power, then I figured adding another battery would BOOST the output of this one as well!
I added a 6 volt battery in series with the existing 12 volt battery.
Now it has a 18 volt system that runs fast!

4. New "Super Snake type" wheel covers were ordered and put on! Got the bling-bling back! Haha.

WIRING MODS =

1. I decided that this car needed lights so my kid could ride at night. I added 1 Watt LED spot lights on the front. I had to drill out the chrome reflector bezel to fit around the lights, but it looks natural.

2. I then added Red LED strips to be the rear tail lights.

3. Next I added a Red LED strip under the dash to have Ambient lighting.

4. I put a fuse block and a terminal strip under the dash on the firewall that ties all my connections together.

5. I gutted the fake plastic radio and installed lighted-switches into it with a custom wiring harness and quick disconnect I made.
One switch is for the lights.
The 2nd switch is for the Ipod Bluetooth Speaker setup.

6. Finally I added a master kill-switch on the dash (red toggle). It kills power to the entire car.

Any way, here's some pictures.
She got it tonight and had a ball doing burnouts & doughnuts in the subdivision!
LOL!

Video coming soon.

Ryan

IMG_2311_zps04ffb8ce.jpg

IMG_2312_zps92e96772.jpg

IMG_2570_zpsb25603f8.jpg

IMG_2567_zps3e766bcb.jpg

IMG_2316_zps98cd6565.jpg

IMG_2590_zps7eae8084.jpg

IMG_2579_zps0559d708.jpg

IMG_2588_zps4023d2ea.jpg

Last edited:

TenSpeed

Boss 227..every damn time
Reaction score
This project contains the recommended amount of daily win.

Totally badass!!!

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Haha that is so cool. Plastadip the wheels black or put some GT500 wheels on it.

How long did that take you to do? And the real question is....what did she think of the mods?

Wes06

forum member
Reaction score
Who's a badass dad.
That guy

Doesn't look bad for a pink battery powered mustang :)

i am ryan

forum member
Reaction score
Shit, man. I want one. Can you do one D3 Torch Red for me? Spoiler delete, stripe delete? I don't have kids, but I get drunk and act like a child sometimes if that counts!

00blkvert

forum member
Reaction score
This is awesome man. I'm going to do this for my son to match my car. If you don't I'll have check it out. I'm about 10 minutes from Angier.

loots06

forum member
Reaction score
Nice total win! Now you have to do the 12v to 18v mod. You could also the 24v but your gonna need bigger motors. The Powerwheels Mustang was by far the best toy I bought my son. He still talks about it. I did a custom flame wrap for my son.

Rasmus

forum member
Reaction score
Ahahaha that's awesome, Ryan! I know Katie is loving her pimped out ride. The stripe is very nicely laid out, too!

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back