Powerglide in my GT500

HellsBells

620/677
Reaction score
I bolded the part you did not fully comprehend when you read....I italicized the important part.

He did say he was building a turbo car.....he did not say 1600 HP. Big difference chief.

I'm done here, my intent was not to trash this guy's thread. I have offered my honest thoughts from my experience.

-Will

Since we're splitting hairs, you still don't seem to know how to read:

for my twin turbo build

rodfarva

forum member
Reaction score
I would have to agree that the 'glide isn't a great choice for a street car. However, my car is rarely driven on the street anymore. It has manual drag brakes, manual steering, no heat, no ac, no radio, no windshield wipers, no front or rear bumper beams, and open headers with turndowns after the collectors. While my car can still be driven on the street, I will rarely ever do so.

Germeezy3

forum member
Reaction score
I would have to agree that the 'glide isn't a great choice for a street car. However, my car is rarely driven on the street anymore. It has manual drag brakes, manual steering, no heat, no ac, no radio, no windshield wipers, no front or rear bumper beams, and open headers with turndowns after the collectors. While my car can still be driven on the street, I will rarely ever do so.

What does it weigh?

stang389

forum member
Reaction score
if you have followed this car you would have seen what he has done to the interior of this car as well as read what he does with car.
6.63 in a GT500, unless he's done something weird, is far from a point of not being a street car

-Will

SRTthis

Reaction score
Hey Ju know Main what you doin with that Chebby trabmission?

Just kidding, its the stoutest drag racing transmission known to man....and will accomodate the car to whatever level of power you plan on running all the way deep into the 6's if that was your plan.

no its not...

rossler TH210XHD i would say holds that crown.

BAKnBLK2010

Harley Davidson FLHTCI
Reaction score
Hey OP, did you have your car at the KY HORSEPOWER shootout last Sunday? There was one there that looked just like yours.

TARZAN

Knight F Magic
Reaction score
I didn't call it last night, because I didn't want to be accused of trolling....but I noticed it didn't say dedenbear on the case anywhere that I saw. Not saying it won't hold, but if you payed for one I'd make sure and get one. They are not cheap and very nice. With what your car weighs and your power goals, the stronger case would be nice

-Will

rodfarva

forum member
Reaction score
I did a little research on the origins of the trans. It was orginally built by Mike's Transmissions to the same specs as their 2000hp Monster Glide, but without the Dedenbear case. We'll just have to see how it holds up. I got a great deal on it, so I can't complain too much :thumb2:

rodfarva

forum member
Reaction score
As with any project, this one is taking a little longer than anticipated, but it should be up and ready to go to soon. I can't wait to launch this thing off the trans brake for the first time.

I finally finished installing the shifter and making the surrounding bezel

100_1762.jpg

It took me a while to figure out how to install a neutral safety switch. What I ended up doing was wiring it into the clutch starter safety switch.

GT RO

forum member
Reaction score
no its not...

rossler TH210XHD i would say holds that crown.

I second that , we have one sitting in the crate ready to go when we put my car back together.

Not called for? My twin turbo build is gonna be 1600-1800 hp.

What size turbos ? Car sounds great , good luck with your build.

Last edited by a moderator:

rodfarva

forum member
Reaction score
I second that , we have one sitting in the crate ready to go when we put my car back together.

What size turbos ? Car sounds great , good luck with your build.

I may go as big as twin 88s, but I'm not sure yet.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back