Problem with the oil pressure....

walmore

LUBRY SPORT
Reaction score
Hi, I just build a eagle 5.0 stroker for my mustang gt, but when the engine get warm, the oil press goes down..... but when the engine is cold, the oil pressure is ok... what do you think?

Last edited:

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
first I think you put this in the wrong section...so moved.

second - what are the pressures?

walmore

LUBRY SPORT
Reaction score
What is ok and what is down?

3V oil specs are different than older modulars.

Brother Manuel, when the car is cold the oil pressure is full in the dash, when the car get warm, the meter of the dash goes down and start a beep.... I meen 0 oil pressure

US-1

Banned
Reaction score
If that's the best description you can provide.......just go ahead and shoot it....and yourself.

LASO

forum member
Reaction score
Brother Manuel, when the car is cold the oil pressure is full in the dash, when the car get warm, the meter of the dash goes down and start a beep.... I meen 0 oil pressure

IMO If it was that low and still running you more then likely are looking at a rebuild of the short block.

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score

If the dash alarm went off, I hope you shut it down quickly. What oil pump are you using. Aftermarket pan? Did you check to see if you have the proper clearance for the oil pump pickup? Datalog and see what exactly your oil pressure numbers are.

lostsoul

2014 vett or 2015 stang..
Reaction score
Still more thrilling, in-depth information.

got to be easy on him.. he is from venezuela :beerdrink:

we need more info.. are you throwing any cel codes? Any strange sounds, leaks does the pressure shoot up in higher prms?

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back