problem with water in the door anyone else?

srt2stang725

Reaction score
Whats up everyone....it seems after it rains, or when i wash my car everytime i open the drivers side door a whole bunch of water pours out of the front bottom of the door. Now im not sure if this is a drainage thing for the door itself, but it makes me think whats going to happen after a while of this door holding all this water that it might start to rot it out. Also what makes me think something is wrong it doesnt happen on the passenger side. Anyone else have this problem? is it a problem? id rather find out on here first because i usually try to avoid dealerships at all costs. Thanks!

Rangersfan

forum member
Reaction score
Better that it pours out than get stuck in there. Mine drains like that too. Just hope that you don't get the leak I had, where water was shorting out my junction box in the passenger kick panel. Nothing like your passenger headlight, rear brake light, and left dome light coming on when the car is turned off.:screw:

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
That is a new one on me, I never heard that before. I also don't have the problem and I am pretty sure that water is not getting into the door.

TexasKyle

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Whats up everyone....it seems after it rains, or when i wash my car everytime i open the drivers side door a whole bunch of water pours out of the front bottom of the door. Now im not sure if this is a drainage thing for the door itself, but it makes me think whats going to happen after a while of this door holding all this water that it might start to rot it out. Also what makes me think something is wrong it doesnt happen on the passenger side. Anyone else have this problem? is it a problem? id rather find out on here first because i usually try to avoid dealerships at all costs. Thanks!

+1 I have the same thing happening to me.

scramblr

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
See if the little black tabs are still on the inside bottom edge of the door. They may be holding the water from draining when the door is shut. You can just pull them off.

scramblr

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Better that it pours out than get stuck in there. Mine drains like that too. Just hope that you don't get the leak I had, where water was shorting out my junction box in the passenger kick panel. Nothing like your passenger headlight, rear brake light, and left dome light coming on when the car is turned off.:screw:

Worse yet, all the lights going out while driving at night. Read a few threads where that happened 'cause of water getting to the junction box.

jsawyer

uh oh
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I have the water leaking out as well.
I also had the leak issue on my junction box, but luckily I got it fixed before the electrical gremlins showed up.

TexasKyle

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I havent seen any water getting inside the car, just drips from the window seal, hitting the seat, when the door is opened. Rather annoying more than anything, especially when dressed to go to the office in the mornings...

Bingo

Because street car
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Just washed the car, and no water passed the "Mustang" foot threshold. It just gets into that annoying space above the sideskirt, which is really a pain in the ass to dry and clean.

I havent seen any water getting inside the car, just drips from the window seal, hitting the seat, when the door is opened. Rather annoying more than anything, especially when dressed to go to the office in the mornings...

Yeah, that's the worst! :furious:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back