Pulled the trigger. 2016 GT350

lito

forum member
Reaction score
The engine has "forged internals" from the factory, I've already contacted tsm to get a baseline dyno tune there and if possible we will tune it there as well, I bet ford has left a lot of power out of the tunes in these cars factory

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Don't keep your expectations too high. The new electronics are very very good, apart from some torque reductions I don't think there won't be much room to improve. 12:1 is no game so watch well who are you giving this to play with. Yes, there are going to be gains but nothing crazy in completely stock form.

I think that anyone that is buying this engine thinking on big FI numbers is making a huge mistake.

Dillon Dollar

forum member
Reaction score
All we can do is wait and see, Ford has been on top of its game lately!!

ford20

forum member
Reaction score
Don't keep your expectations too high. The new electronics are very very good, apart from some torque reductions I don't think there won't be much room to improve. 12:1 is no game so watch well who are you giving this to play with. Yes, there are going to be gains but nothing crazy in completely stock form.

I think that anyone that is buying this engine thinking on big FI numbers is making a huge mistake.

I'm going to have to agree with Manuel on this one. FI on top of this large motor I think is asking for troubles down the road. Congrats though, I really do want one of these cars.

Dillon Dollar

forum member
Reaction score
Im aslo curious to see how these cars will perform with general bolt ons like headers intake ect. I will though it looks like ford did a good job addressing the exhaust already

Dillon Dollar

forum member
Reaction score
The only downside to this is I had to liquidate my trailblazer SS to buy this toy other than that I'm super excited

Dillon Dollar

forum member
Reaction score
Lol there's not really just attached to the LS a little bit. I did get 18.5 for it though so i came out on top

sidvicious

forum member
Reaction score
Congrats...That is the only S550 I really like. The R is too boy racer for me; and really is meant to be road raced. The only thing I don't like, looks wise, is that the 19 inch front wheel looks too small on the car. That's a small nit to pick though. Good luck with it.

Boaisy

Dark Knight
Reaction score
The HUGE difference between the VooDoo and the Ferrari's is you have to be very careful with the balancing of the engine itself. Mostly why Porsche, Ferrari, etc only went to certain sized motors on their flat plane engines. Ferrari went from 4.5L/4.6L N/A motor to a 3.6L twin-turbo on their V8's. The 5.2L is probably the biggest displacement ever put into production for a flat plane crank V8, and Ford had to do quite a bit of R&D on the balancing before feeling confident enough to sell it. These motors are meant to be revved high, and that is where its power benefit is.

Also because of the even firing order, you may not see the same gains from exhaust as you would with the traditional V8. Also, not sure if it is true, but Ford did claim that even their exhaust played a part in balancing the motor out.

As Manuel said, it probably isn't going to be 200HP+ gains just by throwing FI onto the motor. It would be interesting to see what you come up with, but just be aware, these engines aren't like what most of us are used to in relation to modifications.

Dillon Dollar

forum member
Reaction score
It will be new and exciting to see how these engines respond, but as far as ferrari gors i know the aftermarket makes turbo kits for the lsrger fpc engines and they seem to respond well

Strengthrehab

forum member
Reaction score
OP, you can say, "I'm going to boost the hell out of it and see what happens". No one is going to argue with you. It seems like you are getting good advice from everyone including a well respected tuner.

Go on. Do you. These folks are just trying to save you blowing an engine in a 50 grand+ car. I think some good arguments have been made.

Just be warned--if you boost the shit out of your engine and then come on here after blowing it up, everyone will refer back to this thread warning you. If it pushes 1000 hp safely and no issues, you can say "i told you so"

Good luck. I wish I had the dough to play russian roulette with such a beautiful car.

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Dillon,

Congrads man on your new Machine. :rockit:

attachment.php

And personally I say do whatever it is you dream-up and enjoy the hell out of it. :patriot:

Terry

Dillon Dollar

forum member
Reaction score
Even if it did blow is nbd ive got the coin to fix it, and don't mind being the test mule

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
nevermind ... you answered while i was typing, lol

Dillon Dollar

forum member
Reaction score
Room in the garage i have a 2015 f350 and my other tt car in the works

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back