Race Star Wheel Owners - Need to Read!!

GoFaster06

forum member
Reaction score
I just got my McGard lugs & washers, part #63000. My question is the Racestar offset washers have wheel side stamped on one side, this side gets mounted to hub. The McGard washers have nothing stamped on either side, completely flat on 1 side & slightly beveled on other, which side goes against hub when installing, the flatest side?

Last edited:

Ssiptang

forum member
Reaction score
I just got my McGard lugs & washers, part #63000. My question is the Racestar offset washers have wheel side stamped on one side, this side gets mounted to hub. The McGard washers have nothing stamped on either side, completely flat on 1 side & slightly beveled on other, which side goes against hub when installing, the flatest side?

Flat side=wheel side

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Flat side=wheel side

No, the concave side of the washer is the wheel side.

Rabbit season! Duck season!

I am of the opinion that the concave side goes toward the wheel and the convex side goes out. When you torque the lug down the washer locks to the wheel and applies the pressure out radially around the washer.

Last edited:

GoFaster06

forum member
Reaction score
Rabbit season! Duck season!

I am of the opinion that the concave side goes toward the wheel and the convex side goes out. When you torque the lug down the washer locks to the wheel and applies the pressure out radially around the washer.

I understand about the convex/concave on Racestars but as u can see in the attached pic McGard washers are completely flat, only 1 side has slightly rounded edges, other side is flat. Since both sides are almost the same does it really matter which side goes to the hub. I figured the completely flat side would be the logical side to mount to hub unless someone can explain otherwise.

Attachments

• McGard Washers.jpg
    McGard Washers.jpg
    160.9 KB · Views: 41
Back