Racestars!!!

RedFire07GT

11sec N/A 3V
Reaction score
I was going through the same issue with my JEGS. When i mount the rear 15x8 tire/wheel up to my Hub of the car, I need to balance and propperly align the wheel with my knees in order to get the lugs to go on straight. To me i thought this was unsafe, i can see the gap between the hub of the car and the bore of the wheel. I was nervouse about shifting the wheel at the track. This did happen to me once, was a nightmare to get the damn thing off the car.

So i decided to get a set of aluminum hub-centric rings made for my wheel bore size&hub size of the car. The hub on our car is 70.6mm and my wheel bore for the JEGS was a 84.0mm, thats a pretty big difference. The Racestars wheel bore is only a 78mm. Once i find a better job, more $ comes in, im thinking of going with Holeshots.

Last edited:

weeloGT

forum member
Reaction score
Hey come with them based on who you ordered them from, I ordered from BBR and they came with the rings, as do brenspeed.

AlbertD

forum member
Reaction score
problem is the washers are offset, best way to get them on with no issues is always run the lug in at the lowest point, then spin the wheel and repeat til all five are snugged, use a deepwell socket and push it all the way in so that the washer is lined up in its groove. it does take an extra min to do so but its not as hard as your making it out to be, if you have bent studs its because you did it wrong, if the washer isn't in the proper location then it will tighten down all wrong

Very good advice weelo! I put my racestars on the same way and have had no issues with fitment or studs.They have helped tons with my et at the track. Definately worth having. :thumb:

08gt4u

forum member
Reaction score
just to everyone getting new racestars the only recomemdetion ill give you is to chase the threads on the lug nuts before you install them.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
just to everyone getting new racestars the only recomemdetion ill give you is to chase the threads on the lug nuts before you install them.

why so?

N

navbtcret

When they palted the lug nut some of the plating got on the inside on the threads and they can bind on your wheel studs when you install them. Use a 1/2-20 tap and run it up all of them prior to putting them on. Not all of them bind but why take a chance.

Brumby

forum member
Reaction score
Great info...took me an hour to put on ONE rear ...

I was approached by a fellow racer this past weekend at Cecil, asking did I have any problems putting on my rims?

YES...

Should have seen this Thread before Cecil...

TungstenGT06

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Great info...took me an hour to put on ONE rear ...

I was approached by a fellow racer this past weekend at Cecil, asking did I have any problems putting on my rims?

YES...

That was me!!

Last edited by a moderator:

AJ

US Muscle, AUS Hustle....
Reaction score
all these racestar threads are really discouraging me form buying them...

weeloGT

forum member
Reaction score
^^^^it really shouldn't. I have had mine on since feb and I DD my car with no issues. The threads are more so what to prepare yourself for rather then to bitch about the wheels. They are awesome for the money and I have no regrets that's for sure!!!!

black N boosted

Boosted
Reaction score
^^^^it really shouldn't. I have had mine on since feb and I DD my car with no issues. The threads are more so what to prepare yourself for rather then to bitch about the wheels. They are awesome for the money and I have no regrets that's for sure!!!!

i agree, i now have no problems taking off and putting these wheels back on since i started this thread... just read what to do and u will have no problems putting these on!!!

Liberty911

forum member
Reaction score
Racestars should be delivered next week. Subscribing for future reference.

F

FordEvangelist

Are y'all torqueing your Racestar rims lugs to 100 ft/lb? I have a set of 15 x 8's on the rear and can't find any reliable info on what to torque them to.

Thanks.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back