Rattle when in reverse?

cheftjpeck

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
So it just started in the past 3 weeks. I start my car up as normal. then when I put it in reverse I get a rattling noise from under the car. Is it the heat shield?? Is this the noise of something going in my tranny? what can it be...the exhaust is all tight all the way around...Anyone???

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Without actually being there and hearing it, hard to say. It could be anything.

Is the noise RPM specific? Meaning do you hear it in reverse while sitting still, or is it there reguardless of movement of the car? I have an exhaust rattle that I just flat ass gave up on finding that can only be heard when I back out of my garage.

cheftjpeck

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Without actually being there and hearing it, hard to say. It could be anything.

Is the noise RPM specific? Meaning do you hear it in reverse while sitting still, or is it there reguardless of movement of the car? I have an exhaust rattle that I just flat ass gave up on finding that can only be heard when I back out of my garage.

BINGO!!!!!!!!!!! thats is it exactly....just rattles at start up backing out of my garage...does not do it when car is started up and in park, just as soon as I put in reverse I get a rattle at slow idle, rev at all and it goes away...so maybe it is exhaust....I checked every clamp and they are all tight....so maybe it is exhaust?? but what??

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Check to see if maybe you are getting some contact where you exhaust goes up and over your axle or something like that.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back