Re-tune for Off Road X????????

F

FORDJAKE

I have a mainly stock car going to get a saleen supercharger when I get back from Iraq. I go on leave in december and want some stuff to put on my car to prepare it for the supercharger coming in may. So my question is if I put an off road x pipe on it does it require a tune? I have about $2000 in suspension parts waiting to be put on while on leave, My goal is to have one hell of a car before I add the extra power then I have nothing to worry about. I'm kinda building it backwards from everyone else. thanks

Jake Ford
US ARMY
2nd tour to Iraq
and yes that's my real name, cool huh

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I have a mainly stock car going to get a saleen supercharger when I get back from Iraq. I go on leave in december and want some stuff to put on my car to prepare it for the supercharger coming in may. So my question is if I put an off road x pipe on it does it require a tune? I have about $2000 in suspension parts waiting to be put on while on leave, My goal is to have one hell of a car before I add the extra power then I have nothing to worry about. I'm kinda building it backwards from everyone else. thanks

Jake Ford
US ARMY
2nd tour to Iraq
and yes that's my real name, cool huh

Welcome to the site! I could be wrong and I am sure everyone will jump on me if I am but I don't really think a off road X-Pipe will necessarly require a tune but I think it would be a good idea if you want to maximize the benifits of going that route.

UrS4

forum member
Reaction score
My tuner said it wasn't necessary as his tunes had already turned off the rear O2 sensors.

You might be able to eek out another 1-2 hp on the dyno with some minor adjustments though, but probably not worth the money for the dyno time.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back