Driving Without New Tune

Candy10

forum member
Reaction score
I’ve got my car at a local shop getting the radiator, heat exchanger, and UCA swapped out. Maybe a few hours of work. They’ve had the car since June 19th and it still isn’t done. They’re local, do some pretty insane builds, and have a good tuner but they’re obviously SLOW!! Maintenance on “normal” cars is their main business.

Later this year, I’ll be swapping the throttle body, MAF, and blower pulley. It will need a new tune. If I swap the parts myself, will I cause damage to the engine if I drive it to the shop before retuning it? I know it will run like shit, but will it hurt anything? I’d like to just take it in and get it on the dyno, rather than have them do the work and have to wait for weeks again.
Guess I could tow it, but curious about the driving without new tune

crjackson

Reaction score
Depending on how far you have to drive it, you might want to consider a wrecker, just to be on the safe side.

Candy10

forum member
Reaction score
For the time it takes to swap the MAF and TB, why not drive it there with the current parts and swap them in the parking lot? Better than having it stall out in traffic or having whacked out driveability with the different throttle body.

That’s actually a great idea! Didn’t even think about it. Thanks

Back