RealSpeed Automotive

Shades

Reaction score
Yup the one in NY. I know some of you are tuned by them, RedMosesSC and stkjock and I'm assuming it was by Dan Carlson. I'm interested in having them dyno tune me so..

Anyway..

How are they? Do you recommend them? Does Dan have experience with the 5R55s?

Royski

forum member
Reaction score
Dan is top notch. He has tunes both my cars. 2005 v6 auto with a vortech and my current 2008 GT that was running a 75 shot.
http://www.musclemustangfastfords.com/tech/mmfp_0904_nitrous_oxide_injection/index.html

This was on their facebook the other day:
Q. What makes a Realspeed tune better?

A. A Realspeed tune is much more than a quick “tweak” of your car. We thorougly go over your car and your computer’s calibration and take the time to do the extra steps required for the best possible result. Full throttle, part throttle, idle, transient fuel (tip-in) and cold-start parameters are tuned.

1) Realspeed does a complete 30 point MAF Transfer calibration mapping, not just full throttle like some other tuners

2) Realspeed is an SCT tuning software Certified Tuner. We are certified at their highest “Calibrator” level through SCT’s Advanced Dealer Training Program. This gives us access to parts of the tuning software that most SCT dealers don't have.

3) Dyno tuning is done on our state-of the art Mustang MD1100-SE Dyno. The Mustang dyno incorporates an eddy-current load controller to simulate the actual combined aerodynamic drag, rolling friction, and vehicle inertia (weight) the vehicle experiences while driving on the street or racetrack. This allows for more accurate tuning under conditions that match the real world. These conditions can not be simulated by an inertia-only dyno.

4) Our wideband Air/Fuel (A/F) Ratio gauge inserted in the midpipe, not the tailpipe, for more accurate A/F readings

5) Our Wideband Air/Fuel sensor is calibrated before each tune

6) We use a more accurate and more expensive NTK wideband A/F sensor for tuning instead of cheaper and less durable Bosch sensors

7) Fuel pressure is checked and/or set. Timing is checked & set. Spark plugs are checked for the correct type & heat range. The O2 sensors are checked to make sure they are working correctly. The ACT & coolant temp sensors are checked to ensure they are working.

8) 1986-1995 Mustang sensor functions and computer outputs are data-logged with our exclusive in-line signal scanner to read computer data that many other shops can’t get

9) 1996-2010 Mustangs are data-logged with SCT Live-Link software to see & record computer inputs & outputs in real time.

10) Each car is tuned until the car is right, with no pre-set time limit or “rush-jobs”

11) Realspeed is Vortech Superchargers Top-Tier Installer. We are recommended by Vortech for tuning their superchargers. We have almost 20 years experience with Vortech superchargers.

Shades

Reaction score
Yup I read that on their website, just wanted people's first hand experience with dan as well as RealSpeed since I might be having them do my 4.10 install.

Was either one of your cars auto?

anyone else have experience with these guys?

Royski

forum member
Reaction score
My V6 with the blower was an auto. No issues at all with the tuning.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
IMHO - he's the best guy in the NY area to tune. He's dedicated, meticulous and goes above and beyond when he tunes. I've used him for three years now and have always been satisfied.

My car is a manual, however I know he's tuned a bunch of high HP auto cars. jps05roush had his car tuned there and was very pleased with the tune on the 5r55s, he's since gone to a 4r70w due to the HP his car is making.

My guess is Dan has now tuned north of 1000 cars (he commented recently on backing up over 3000 tune files) and he puts in the time to make sure it right.

RedMosesSC

Reaction score
I just purchased an 06 Saleen S281 Supercharged, coming from my RealSpeed tuned GT the Saleen throttle response is absolutely miserable!! The throttle response on the GT is inFuckingcredible!!!! It makes the Saleen feel slow in comparison despite having 40ish more horsepower.

When i dropped of the car, Dan had one of his guys drop me off at the train station. When i came pick up the car i got to watch the last two pulls, after the tune Dan took the car for a ride to make sure all was well. After everything was done Dan spent a good 30 min answering all my questions. You leave the shop feeling like you got your moneys worth and that they want you as a client, not doing you a favor by slipping you in between work on high horse power race cars.

Shades

Reaction score
That's incredible. Exactly what I was hoping to hear, I think I know who's gonna be doing my tuning then.

RedMosesSC

Reaction score
You will be impressed at the variety of serious Mustangs at RealSpeed, its a fun place to visit. Dan's Fox is a total sleeper too, car seat in the back, stock looking but it run 10's!

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Here it is before he had the body freshened up....
not only can he tune..... boyz got mad skillz with the gear box..

RedMosesSC

Reaction score
Shades, just to warn you, the Mustang Dyno that RealSpeed uses for tuning is a heart breaker, youll generally see #'s about 7ish% lower then a Dyno jet, so don't be discouraged if you #'s are lower then your buddy who has a similar set up.

Last edited:

Shades

Reaction score
Shades, just to warn you, the Mustang Dyno that RealSpeed uses for tuning is a heart breaker, youll generally see #'s about 7ish% lower then a Dyno jet, so don't be discouraged if you #'s are lower then your buddy who has a similar set up.

I could care less as long as the tune is spot on, but thanks for the heads up. :beer:

lundis

forum member
Reaction score
he tuned mine too, loved the way it felt. dan is super nice too, always is willing to answer any questions in full detail.

Eleanor05

forum member
Reaction score
Yeah Dan at realspeed is the man. Did the mods on my car and the car runs awesome. I highly recommend his work!:beerdrink:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back