Rear drag racing shocks

wbt

forum member
Reaction score
May be a dumb question but am curious if any of the vendor cars or members are using any drag specific shocks on their cars. Back in the day I used the Competition Engineering adjustable rears and had very good success. Thanks in advance!

luillo

forum member
Reaction score
May be a dumb question but am curious if any of the vendor cars or members are using any drag specific shocks on their cars. Back in the day I used the Competition Engineering adjustable rears and had very good success. Thanks in advance!

i am also curious about it. As far as i know either Tokico D-spec or QA1 Single adjustable but i dont know the difference between single adjustable and dual for the rear. I guess on front dual will work better but in the back i think single adjustable to adjust it to hard will do the work right???

luillo

forum member
Reaction score

wbt

forum member
Reaction score
definitely looks the same as any other rear shock but neither Competition or summit post the 2005 and up S197 mustang as a compatible car to use them. So i don't know how much fitment issue we can run using them.

Right. Need to verify the compressed and uncompressed length of the stock suspenders to be sure however the mount is the same.

luillo

forum member
Reaction score
Right. Need to verify the compressed and uncompressed length of the stock suspenders to be sure however the mount is the same.

yeap. i might get single adj in the back once is verify we can use Tokico or QA1 and dual adj QA1 coilover on front for drag only.

wbt

forum member
Reaction score
yeap. i might get single adj in the back once is verify we can use Tokico or QA1 and dual adj QA1 coilover on front for drag only.

OK. After researching, I found the following:

Extended: 20.03
Compressed:
Stroke:

Competition Engineering Part number:
C2750

Closest match and should work.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back