Remote Oil Filter Kit

jwlast

Reaction score
Got an 06 Mustang GT with a Hellion turbo. Nice set-up save one issue. The oil filter is impossible to get to without removing half the inlet side of the turbo. The stock oil filter location is definitely a pain with this set-up.

Want to move the filter to a different location and was wondering if anybody else has done this? Where did you locate the filter to and what relocation kit did you use?

Gotten mixed reviews on oil filter relocation. Some folks say no problem, others wouldn't do it because they claim remote kits always leak.

Any thoughts or help would be appreciated.

07 Boss

Reaction score
I think they leak if they're not installed properly. You should post a pic of your engine bay so we can see where would be a good spot. Without seeing your car, how about over on the driver's wheel well?

Freaknazty

KEYBOARD NINJA
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
i know mike @ powerhouse has them give him a holla on here i have it with my powerhouse kit and love it never had a one leak and makes changing the filter a breeze

jwlast

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies.

Freaknazty.....where did you mount your filter? Love my turbo, dread oil changes.

jwlast

Reaction score
Freaknazty said "I know mike @ powerhouse has them give him a holla on here"

How do I get ahold of him?

EagleStroker

N/A Junkie
Reaction score
If you want to get really fancy, use a system one cylinder filter and an adapter plate with some stainless line. The filters are pricey upfront but 100% re-usable and it works pretty damn well! They are also considered zero resistance, so take that for what it's worth.

jwlast

Reaction score
Follow-up. Guys at Dynoedge in Albuquerque figured it out. Used a Canton remote filter kit, 22mm filter block adopter. Clean set-up, see pics (one with bumper off, second shot from under car looking up at filter, inside of bumper). Kit was about $350, top quality.

Bumper clears no problem, no leaks, no problem getting to filter now.

Attachments

• P1010195a1.jpg
    P1010195a1.jpg
    186.7 KB · Views: 78
  • P1010220a1.jpg
    P1010220a1.jpg
    133.3 KB · Views: 66

Rypper1

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Follow-up. Guys at Dynoedge in Albuquerque figured it out. Used a Canton remote filter kit, 22mm filter block adopter. Clean set-up, see pics (one with bumper off, second shot from under car looking up at filter, inside of bumper). Kit was about $350, top quality.

Bumper clears no problem, no leaks, no problem getting to filter now.

Same place that I mounted mine. But I didn't use a kit that cost that much. Got a generic one from Summit that cost about $40 and mounted it myself. So far I have had no leaks and everything is tucked up nicely.

one eyed willy

Pizzle fo shizzle
Reaction score
Same place that I mounted mine. But I didn't use a kit that cost that much. Got a generic one from Summit that cost about $40 and mounted it myself. So far I have had no leaks and everything is tucked up nicely.

ditto, paid $7 for the screw on adaptor and i think $12 for the remote oil filter bracket,then about $50 for SS hoses and fittings.i put mine in the same spot also.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back