Removing VHT/Rubber from Paint

Batmobile5_0

Reaction score
I race my car a lot, and I am more concerned with the car going fast than looking good. I do take pride in making sure the car is clean though, I detail it all myself clay bar, polish and wax. The problem I am having is the VHT and rubber from the track gets kicked up on to my quarter panels and I can not seem to get it off. Clay bar took some off but not even close to all of it. Wondering if there is some kind of remedy to remove it. I was wondering if maybe like goo-gone might work but I don't know how it will leave the paint looking. Someone also told me Vaseline works. Any tips are greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

Bud

forum member
Reaction score
I let mine build up for a season and it was bad, stuff would just smear around when trying to clean it off. I got tired of screwing with it and hit it with some goof off which worked great. Paint still looks fine to me, but I also don't care near as much about it as other people would.

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
The auto parts stores or even Wal Mart will sell you a can of tar and bug remover spray.

JimC

Reaction score
I use the Mothers R3 (race rubber remover). It is hard to find though, but works great.

3VPOWA

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
WD40 always worked for me. I'll have to try that stuff gotham said next time around.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back