Replace front speakers in 2008 GT

Blind

Reaction score
Car is a 2008 GT Convertible with the factory nav unit and 8" subs in the front doors (shaker 500 w/nav?)

Recently it seems the drivers door has a blown out speaker, I'm not sure which one but something in that door rattles on even mildly bass heavy songs if the stereo DSP is set to 'convertible' and the volume is at a normal low listening level.

I have the CPO premium warranty with a $100 deductible, but I'm wondering if there is any alternative speakers out there for about the same money that are recommended as a perfect fit for this car that would be better quality than the factory units?

dark steed

Resident noob
Reaction score
It is most likely the window switches rattling. There is a TSB for it, but several have fixed with double stick tape.
Search for it in the DIY section I think

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
search_it_noob.gif

loots06

forum member
Reaction score
I just ordered a set of MB quart 8"subs. These are a shallow mount sub with a 2.5 depth. no cutting or other stuff required.

JEWC_Motorsports

S197 Junkie
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Its not that they wont fit. The factory sub has a bolt that goes from the back of the door panel through the panel and into the subs magnet. The kickers have the same and thats why they are considered a direct replacement. Any others you will have to either glass the hole over or use dynamat to seal the hole up.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back