Looking at a 2008 Procharged GT, what do I need to pay attention to?

1950StangJump$

forum member
Reaction score
Well, it would be logical to assume there is more risk with cats than without. But, the manufacturers have managed to boost engines for decades and keep risk at acceptable levels.

And, why would you state "Boosted 3 valves and cats usually dont play well together?" Tell me how the 4.6s somehow melt cats more than any other boosted platform, so that I know you aren't "assuming shit."

eighty6gt

forum member
Reaction score
OEM cats are fine

aftermarket absolute junk, maybe kooks greentech work you'd have to ask the college kid who spent $19k on Tiger's $250,000 build. Only $300 bi weekly!

JEWC_Motorsports

S197 Junkie
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Dino is really into Catalytic converters for some reason.
Metal...

en-intro-imagepic11520106010_n.jpg

How-Catalytic-Converters-Work-04.jpg

There was also a pic around here a couple years back from someone who was able to pull about a foot of unwrapped metallic cat from their pipes. It unwound and bunched up almost killing the engine.

This is a prime example of what happens. Manufacturers arent tuning for power increases. Timing is usually on the low end of safe. Thats why you can still tune a factory boosted car.

Last edited:

01yellerCobra

forum member
Reaction score
This is a prime example of what happens. Manufacturers arent tuning for power increases. Timing is usually on the low end of safe. Thats why you can still tune a factory boosted car.

I also think a lot of tuners turn off all the protections. IIRC BruceH ran cats on his set ups with no issue. And he left all of the protections in place.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back