Replace or resurface flywheel?

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
07805 is a mach 400?

Hope I can find a good sfi flywheel.

Probably. But without a slave. I bought my 07806 for under $250 shipped. I want to say it was $226 but I can't remember exactly.

Have you gone to the exedy website and looked at the online catalogue? It breaks up the disks and pressure plates pretty well. Also gives power holding ratings although I think they are underrated. www.exedyusa.com

eighty6gt

forum member
Reaction score
I'll go check out the site, thanks, Bruce. The 07805 I found on Amazon is $225. Who'd you buy your flywheels from? Can't find one from FRPP.
Edit: man that exedy site is great. Rwtq and flywheel torque ratings. I agree they are under rated. 07805 is what I need - 10 spline, 510 tq.

All 05+ clutches have a 'csc' suffix. Added hydraulic slave.

Last edited:

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
I'll go check out the site, thanks, Bruce. The 07805 I found on Amazon is $225. Who'd you buy your flywheels from? Can't find one from FRPP.
Edit: man that exedy site is great. Rwtq and flywheel torque ratings. I agree they are under rated. 07805 is what I need - 10 spline, 510 tq.

All 05+ clutches have a 'csc' suffix. Added hydraulic slave.

The one I have now is from a forum member. They were on ebay for around $100 a year ago. I've also had a billet McLeod and Fidanza.

What do you need for a flywheel, 6 or 8 bolt?

eighty6gt

forum member
Reaction score
How about a new one that's designed for higher rpm?

http://tascaparts.com/partlocator/i...fo&PartID=858712&siteid=213668&catalogid=7530

horsepower1 on ebay has a new takeoff stock clutch and pp for $50. The stock clutch is very good and will hold up to 400rwhp.

@BruceH, what flywheel is that? The link no longer works. I need a 6 bolt for the stock crank - I didn't even see your reply from back when up there. I'm going to assume the flywheel you were referring to in the above link was a boss 302 unit, anyway.

http://www.tdotperformance.ca/ford-...YaDwLR-n_wz9_icD5uAltyPYmX3tubxohdBoCtcDw_wcB

I was going to try this for my car, but I guess the stack up height is different on the earlier 99-04 cars, and this must be built into the flywheel. You can use the 99-04 clutches with a new hydraulic slave, but not the flywheel.

drive_55_not

forum member
Reaction score
@BruceH, what flywheel is that? The link no longer works. I need a 6 bolt for the stock crank - I didn't even see your reply from back when up there. I'm going to assume the flywheel you were referring to in the above link was a boss 302 unit, anyway.

http://www.tdotperformance.ca/ford-...YaDwLR-n_wz9_icD5uAltyPYmX3tubxohdBoCtcDw_wcB

I was going to try this for my car, but I guess the stack up height is different on the earlier 99-04 cars, and this must be built into the flywheel. You can use the 99-04 clutches with a new hydraulic slave, but not the flywheel.

The difference in the Ford FW's is the 99-04 uses a 10.5" clutch, the 2005 uses a 11" so the PP bolts holes wont lineup and the dowels are different.

Aftermarket FW's have multiple PP bolt patterns so that's why they'll fit cars from 1996-2010 with the correct clutch.

I used the ACT 600420 6 bolt FW before I built my motor .. I think I paid 260 for it back then, Looks like they're running 290 these days.

That is a light weight FW and it'll take some getting used to if you go that route.

RAM and SPEC also offer 6 bolt FW's, Quick look shows a guy on feebay selling a RAM 1540 for 200.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back